Turn off USB charging?

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just got a drone. When hooking my phone up to the controller via USB cable, it connects to the controller fine and everything works. Problem is, the phone also charges, draining battery from the controller.

Is there a way to turn off USB charging on the S20 ultra, but still leave the port active for data?

Thanks

wenso smith

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
one of the hubs and select Properties Click the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power Click OK and you're done Uncheck this box to charge other devices in sleep mode.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
one of the hubs and select Properties Click the Power Management tab and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power Click OK and you're done Uncheck this box to charge other devices in sleep mode.

I want to turn off USB charging on the phone so when i connect it to the drone controller it doesn't draw power from the drone controller to charge the phone thus draining the drone controller and reducing flying time. It sounds like what you are describing is Windows settings.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Pretty cool
Can you zoom in with the camera?

Not with the Mini. I'm assuming you can with the more advanced models, but starting out never flown a drone, I didn't want to plop down 1000 or more. I didn't really want to do the 500 either, but everyone I talked to said get the mavic mini to start or you'll be disappointed. One thing the Mavic has that other "entry" drones don't are a 3 axis gimble, which means stable video in the wind.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not with the Mini. I'm assuming you can with the more advanced models, but starting out never flown a drone, I didn't want to plop down 1000 or more. I didn't really want to do the 500 either, but everyone I talked to said get the mavic mini to start or you'll be disappointed. One thing the Mavic has that other "entry" drones don't are a 3 axis gimble, which means stable video in the wind.
Very good to know for when I want stsrt doing this , thanks !

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Very good to know for when I want stsrt doing this , thanks !

Tons of videos on you tube with reviews of every price point. And all the reviews show footage of the video usually. I think it will be a fun hobby, although in MN like a lot of other things I'll have to take a break on the really cold days LOL

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Tons of videos on you tube with reviews of every price point. And all the reviews show footage of the video usually. I think it will be a fun hobby, although in MN like a lot of other things I'll have to take a break on the really cold days LOL
Yeah I hear you !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar