Hidden alarm going off 7am everyday???

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,
I just got this Galaxy s20 last week and transferred my OnePlus 6T data to it, I did have another alarm app called Alarmy but I've uninstalled that to see if it was the issue and it wasn't.
Everyday at 7am an alarm goes off but there's no notification and no way to stop it, so I have to restart my phone. After I've restarted theres no notification log from any apps at the time that the alarm went off so not sure where its coming from?! Even in silent mode it still rings and the only way I can stop it is to switch my phone off. I checked Alarmy before I uninstalled and had no alarms set at the time, no reminders on my calendar and no currently set alarms. I don't think I've even ever set one for 7am! Any advice would be really appreciated

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. Put the phone into safe mode before you go to sleep and see if it still goes off. If it doesn't then it is a third party app. If it does it is a system app. Let us know the outcome.

The process for turning on Safe mode is as follows:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power off.

When the Reboot to safe modeprompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Your device will then restart and it will say “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm thinking maybe something transferred over from 1+6t , try going settings >general management >reset>reset settings see how that works out .

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi there. Put the phone into safe mode before you go to sleep and see if it still goes off. If it doesn't then it is a third party app. If it does it is a system app. Let us know the outcome.

The process for turning on Safe mode is as follows:

Press and hold the Power button.

Tap and hold Power off.

When the Reboot to safe modeprompt appears, tap again or tap OK.

Your device will then restart and it will say “Safe mode” in the bottom-left corner.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

My alarm did not go off in safe mode! I think it must be something from the one plus. I've clicked reset settings as suggested by Mustang and will see how this goes. Thanks both for your help

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
I'm thinking maybe something transferred over from 1+6t , try going settings >general management >reset>reset settings see how that works out .

I tried this and unfortunately it still went off at 7am just now!!! Its so loud as well, even though my sound setting is very low, it still performed the alarm in full volume. Nothing on the notification log and no alarms set in the clock. Very confusing but nothing seems to have worked yet except safe mode, so we know it is third party related

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried this and unfortunately it still went off at 7am just now!!! Its so loud as well, even though my sound setting is very low, it still performed the alarm in full volume. Nothing on the notification log and no alarms set in the clock. Very confusing but nothing seems to have worked yet except safe mode, so we know it is third party related
Thanks for updating, yeah its gotta be a 3rd party app installed.
Try uninstall some recent ones first.

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for updating, yeah its gotta be a 3rd party app installed.
Try uninstall some recent ones first.

When you say recent.. they all installed at the same time through the switch app. And there are a lot, I deleted the third party alarm app (after deleting the alarms inside), and the old notes app.. could it be something completely unrelated like a game? Or would it only be something that has the function of an alarm? I really can't think what app it could be haha

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you say recent.. they all installed at the same time through the switch app. And there are a lot, I deleted the third party alarm app (after deleting the alarms inside), and the old notes app.. could it be something completely unrelated like a game? Or would it only be something that has the function of an alarm? I really can't think what app it could be haha
Could be a game app , you'll have to try one by one or few at a time , its not easy but have to eliminate.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Never, and I mean NEVER is it a good idea to allow backed up apps to automatically reinstall themselves when switching to a new phone. I am not talking about DATA but even then you are taking a chance. Although Android has been around for many years we are still walking with the dinosaurs when it comes to backups and moving to a new phone...especially from a different OEM. Since you have already done the dirty deed...just uninstall the apps and reinstall them from scratch. The chances of finding what rogue piece of software is causing this are infinitesimal. It's up to you. By the way, for reference I worked for over 25 years as an IT Systems Engineer...so....

Sep 30, 2020
Visit site
Never, and I mean NEVER is it a good idea to allow backed up apps to automatically reinstall themselves when switching to a new phone. I am not talking about DATA but even then you are taking a chance. Although Android has been around for many years we are still walking with the dinosaurs when it comes to backups and moving to a new phone...especially from a different OEM. Since you have already done the dirty deed...just uninstall the apps and reinstall them from scratch. The chances of finding what rogue piece of software is causing this are infinitesimal. It's up to you. By the way, for reference I worked for over 25 years as an IT Systems Engineer...so....

I deleted as many as I did not need anytime soon (probably about 6-8) and it has stopped!! Success! I didn't know it was so bad to switch like that, surprised the phone shop suggested I do it from my oneplus to a Samsung if it is bad for the phone. Oh well at least its fixed

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I deleted as many as I did not need anytime soon (probably about 6-8) and it has stopped!! Success! I didn't know it was so bad to switch like that, surprised the phone shop suggested I do it from my oneplus to a Samsung if it is bad for the phone. Oh well at least its fixed
Glad it's good now !

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Congrats. Now install one, one a day until you track down the culprit.

Coach Wendy Hazel

Apr 14, 2022
Visit site
Hi,
I just got this Galaxy s20 last week and transferred my OnePlus 6T data to it, I did have another alarm app called Alarmy but I've uninstalled that to see if it was the issue and it wasn't.
Everyday at 7am an alarm goes off but there's no notification and no way to stop it, so I have to restart my phone. After I've restarted theres no notification log from any apps at the time that the alarm went off so not sure where its coming from?! Even in silent mode it still rings and the only way I can stop it is to switch my phone off. I checked Alarmy before I uninstalled and had no alarms set at the time, no reminders on my calendar and no currently set alarms. I don't think I've even ever set one for 7am! Any advice would be really appreciated

Had the same annoying problem. I uninstalled AMDROID app and that solved the problem. I firs asked Bixby to turn off the alarm and it took me to that Amdroid where I saw the option to uninstall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma