S20 FE cases

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one of the clear Spigen cases that is backordered on Amazon, hoping that it is not as bulky in real life as it looks. While I don't really want to cover up the mint green, I'm not sold on a clear case either. My previous experience with them (not Spigen) has been disappointing between the yellowing and being able to see all the dust/lint that gets trapped between phone and case.
That too was my concern---my OCD is going to get the better of me when I see a piece of lint between the case and phone!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen clear case and it is fantastic. Great material and as of now no dust or yellowing
They told me if it starts the yellow to reach out to them because even on their website they advertise the anti-yellow material of this case mine should arrive Thursday

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I will in a few days. My blue one was shipped on the 21st from GA to AZ. I ordered from the manufacturer for faster shipping than Amazon and a veteran discount.
It's well built. I'm probably not going to keep the phone in it because I don't really need the protection that comes at the expense of size and weight. Not really sure why I ordered it since I have rarely used any case and haven't ever dropped a phone (knock on wood).

I thought I might use it in higher risk situations but I'm not sure the plastic screen protector is reusable. I think it has some kind of adhesive where the fingerprint scanner is.

I didn't plan to use the holster very often. It holds the phone securely. But it's a two handed operation to get the phone out. I guess technically, you could use one hand but not without having to catch the phone when it pops free.

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Can it be used without the screen protector?
Not sure. It goes between the phone and the front half of the case. Phone may be loose in the case without it. Plus I don't know if I'd ever want a tank around the rest of the phone and not even a screen protector in the front. Maybe a 3rd party protector would work and stay with the phone when its not in this case. I don't think the protector that comes with the case can be used out of the case because it is only held on by the front part of the case and maybe adhesive over the fingerprint reader. Then again, I could be totally missing something since I have very little experience with cases.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Not sure. It goes between the phone and the front half of the case. Phone may be loose in the case without it. Plus I don't know if I'd ever want a tank around the rest of the phone and not even a screen protector in the front. Maybe a 3rd party protector would work and stay with the phone when its not in this case. I don't think the protector that comes with the case can be used out of the case because it is only held on by the front part of the case and maybe adhesive over the fingerprint reader. Then again, I could be totally missing something since I have very little experience with cases.

Thanks.

gray2018

Apr 1, 2018
Visit site
S20 FE upgrade

Hello all! I recently upgraded to the S20 FE from the Note 9. I gotta say, so far, this phone is awesome. The screen blew me away. I was surprised how colorful, sharp and vibrant it is for being only a 2400x1080 display. I think it blows my Note out of the water. I was lucky enough to get this phone for only 200 bucks with a 500 dollar trade in with T-Mobile for my Note 9. You really cannot beat that. And I LOVE the fact that it has a flat display.

One thing I dont care for though is there seems to be a lack of good cases. I am so glad that they have my preferred case though the Unicorn Beetle Supcases.

TrueNorth85

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Re: S20 FE upgrade

I can't do curved screens anymore. So aggregating. Love my FE. Battery is pretty decent too!!

Got screen protectors coming today from Amazon. But got an OtterBox Symmetry case. So far so good.

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I can't do curved screens anymore. So aggregating. Love my FE. Battery is pretty decent too!!

Got screen protectors coming today from Amazon. But got an OtterBox Symmetry case. So far so good.
I would argue the super shield screen protector whereas they look good they're not exactly the right size they're too narrow and even though I have zero dust or bubbles which looks great it's driving me nuts that the screen seems distorted on the sides because it's too narrow

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm checking daily myself.
I just got yesterday the Spigen ultra clear and I am very happy with it I originally had the Samsung clearstand case that got real tired of the stand popping off the spigen case is very impressive and I'm very happy with it

warrusty

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the Unicorn Beetle Pro for my LG G7, now available for the FE UW. If you want to use a glass screen protector you need to carefully remove the plastic screen protector (including the plastic inside of the outer frame-cut out the center first, then remove the edge carefully with a very thin bladed screw driver-not a knife as you could cut the frame). Once the plastic protector is completely removed, put a glass protector on the screen, then reassemble. A great protective case. I will be getting it shortly for my FE UW. MAKE SURE YOUR REMOVE THE PLASTIC PROTECTOR INCLUDING WHERE IT ATTACHES TO THE INSIDE EDGE!