Samsung Messages RCS

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi my wife and I just got S20+ on Verizon. We were on T-Mobile and her S10 had the chat features option in samsung messages. But our new S20+ do not have it as an option. I use Google messages and it works fine on that on my phone but my wife prefers Samsung Messages. Does anyone know of it is supported on Samsung Messages on the S20+ on Verizon and may e it is going to take a little while to activate since we are new customers.

X1tymez

Q&A Team
Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi my wife and I just got S20+ on Verizon. We were on T-Mobile and her S10 had the chat features option in samsung messages. But our new S20+ do not have it as an option. I use Google messages and it works fine on that on my phone but my wife prefers Samsung Messages. Does anyone know of it is supported on Samsung Messages on the S20+ on Verizon and may e it is going to take a little while to activate since we are new customers.
Samsung RCS is still rolling out. Just wait or use Google messager.

loganweaponx007

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
If it's like AT&T then it's disabled on the Samsung app and they want you to use their proprietary implantation of rcs. My wife is stubborn and won't switch to the Google messages app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is your s20+ unlocked version or carrier version?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If it's like AT&T then it's disabled on the Samsung app and they want you to use their proprietary implantation of rcs. My wife is stubborn and won't switch to the Google messages app.
Yes, AT&T has their own crappy version of RCS called "Advanced Messaging" and it completely sucks. Nothing but problems. Google Messages is actual Universal RCS, which the carriers should be getting on board with but are dragging their feet. I do really like the stock messaging app on Samsung phones but the Advanced Messaging sucks so bad that I just can't stand using it. Google Messages is far better.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
In setting of message about what does it show , if you can provide screen shot?
Here is a screenshot from Samsung Messages app.
02cf774ffeaaeb1b61c7f695aab00f1e.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie