Need help pls

Liorid

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
Good morning, i think i have a problem and do not know what to do
3 weeks ago i bought a s20 fe 5g sm-g781b, i am from Spain
I always had samsung, i wanted to check the snapdragon, i was tired from the exynox
My phone is working excellent, i do not have the problem with the touch screen
When i want to update the software by data, the phone do not let me and write to me only by wifi, also i did not get the October update
I thought maybe in the shop they sell me a carrier phone
Yesterday i went to the Samsung service
They told me my phone is unlocked and runs checks on the phone and in the end they told me the phone is perfect
I asked about the data thing, the told me that by download the software updates by wifi is more secure and the October update will arrive
People in Spain got the October update 6 days ago
What do you think?
Thanks for reading and sorry for my long long story
Have a nice day

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Good morning, i think i have a problem and do not know what to do
3 weeks ago i bought a s20 fe 5g sm-g781b, i am from Spain
I always had samsung, i wanted to check the snapdragon, i was tired from the exynox
My phone is working excellent, i do not have the problem with the touch screen
When i want to update the software by data, the phone do not let me and write to me only by wifi, also i did not get the October update
I thought maybe in the shop they sell me a carrier phone
Yesterday i went to the Samsung service
They told me my phone is unlocked and runs checks on the phone and in the end they told me the phone is perfect
I asked about the data thing, the told me that by download the software updates by wifi is more secure and the October update will arrive
People in Spain got the October update 6 days ago
What do you think?
Thanks for reading and sorry for my long long story
Have a nice day
Quick answer, on the data only allowing you to update the software via Wi-Fi only..some carriers make that a requirement for downloading OS updates, can't do it unless you're on wifi.

As far as not receiving the update yet, sometimes carriers do it in waves to ease the load on the system. A lot of times you can manually pull the update instead of waiting for it to show up automatically. Go to settings, scroll down to check for updates select that and then select the one that says check for updates. That also could be carrier dependent.

Try that, might fix you're issue. Doesn't hurt to look.

Liorid

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
Hi
I am trying that for 5 days but its tell me that my phone is already update
The phone is unlocked, not a carrier

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Could you buddy up with someone in the same boat and use each other's phone hotspot for the wi-fi? [/evil laugh]
Yes, the phone hooked to your buddies phone will see it hooked to Wi-Fi. I have done that before for this reason. Not going to say they haven't figured out how to stop this, but I have done it.

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes, the phone hooked to your buddies phone will see it hooked to Wi-Fi. I have done that before for this reason. Not going to say they haven't figured out how to stop this, but I have done it.
Hmmm. Could you do this with just your backup phone by putting your SIM in it and updating your SIMless DD using the backup's hot spot?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi
I am trying that for 5 days but its tell me that my phone is already update
The phone is unlocked, not a carrier
Phone updates are by IMEI, to avoid everyone with that phone trying to update at once. (And once you try to update, updates will fail for the next 24 hours - same reason.)

When it becomes your phone's turn to update it should update.

But your carrier may not allow updating by data, because that can be (and usually is, these days) close to 2GB of download. They just don't want you downloading large files like that. Wait a week, then try. Try every week, not every day. It will update. The only question is "when".

Liorid

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
Thks Rukbat
But the updates are small, like 150 mega maybe,i am not talking about the android 11 update, the security updates every month are small

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Thks Rukbat
But the updates are small, like 150 mega maybe,i am not talking about the android 11 update, the security updates every month are small
The updates you are referring to can only be updated over wifi regardless of size. If you cannot connect to wifi or use one of the previously suggested work arounds you won't be able to download the update. The October update you are missing should be available soon but you would still need a WiFi connection to download it.

Liorid

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
So finally i know that my phone is sim free but is from a carrier, orange in Spain
That is the reason that i am still with the September update
On the other hand i do not have the problem with the touch screen
But i am very disappointed
I know i will get always the updates very far away...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So finally i know that my phone is sim free but is from a carrier, orange in Spain
That is the reason that i am still with the September update
On the other hand i do not have the problem with the touch screen
But i am very disappointed
I know i will get always the updates very far away...
Try smart switch on computer also if any updates

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi
Its very weird
In Spain there were 2 updates in October
I am still with September update...
S20 fe 5g unlocked

Also keep in mind that you are running the Snapdragon model. You shouldn't expect the same updates as the Exynos versions. That's not to say that you won't get the security updates just to say that different models of the device will have different experiences and may be on a different schedule.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2