S20 Android 11 Official Rollout Starts Today

HoosierDaddy

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I saw an article and the FE was left off. I have one myself so that's pretty disappointing. Hoping it was an accident/oversight that it was left off the list.
So were all (or almost all) models with 5G (and maybe other suffixes) in the name, including my wife's A51 5G. I suspect some models are lumped in as sub-models of the listed phones, so the FE 5Gs are lumped in with S20.

rflores5432

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Having an issue since the update with Nova launcher. I have Nova set as default Home app but it keeps switching back to Oneui when I close out apps and resetting

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I saw an article and the FE was left off. I have one myself so that's pretty disappointing. Hoping it was an accident/oversight that it was left off the list.

That article may be the one referenced in another recent thread. If so, that list stated that it was only for Egypt. Is the FE available in Egypt?

It certainly won't be included with the other 3 older S20 handsets. Those were in the beta, the FE wasn't. Also, the other Verizon S20s are getting the update today, and my Verizon FE isn't.

The Verizon FE has been receiving the monthly updates about two weeks after the other 3 S20 handsets. I wouldn't expect the big update in two weeks, but...after.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The Verizon FE has been receiving the monthly updates about two weeks after the other 3 S20 handsets. I wouldn't expect the big update in two weeks, but...after.

I got the December security patch update pushed to my Verizon FE overnight. As I mentioned, based on the first two months, that wouldn't have happened for a couple of weeks.

Don't get excited if you see you have an update on your FE.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a security update around a week ago. I was thinking it might include the 5G patch but nope. Now the A11 update is rolling out... Wonder which one I'll get first being unlocked and on Verizon???

TheGoodNamesAreGone

Jun 15, 2016
Visit site
Any idea when unlocked devices will get it? Its been 5 days or so since rollout began and I've seen carriers like Verizon, whom have been historically slow to roll put major updates already rolling it out. I got an unlocked device thinking I could bypass Verizon, but apparently it doesn't work thst way. Are unlocked devices actually last to get them now? If so, that doesn't make sense as there is no carrier software to have to check compatibility first.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan