weatherbug and any apps not coming up always on display android 11 no notfications help me

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
trying to figure something out on my s7 phone i have it showing on always on display when i turn on always on display i thought it will show tempture but apprently its not now if i unlock phone i can see it android 11

can anybody tell me why it won't display on always on display?

yeah so now this is weird last night again i haven't install any apps at all when i got home no i had to install so many security updates then get 5g then android 11

apprently when phone was unlock i got notify twitter app when i put it always on display i didn't see notfication

am i doing something wrong or no apps will not notify me always on display on android 11, are folks having this issue if so how do you resolved this

now i'm having 2nd thoughts maybe i shouldn't gotten this phone i didn't know that alot of apps i had install s7 like twitter when always on display will not come up unless unlock phone pin number they work just fine s7 phone always on display

again i don't know was work on android 10 or stop working android 11 or what

please please somebody help me i guess 'm going to have to walmart today get that guy help me because i don't know what is going on

what's the use having phone if never going to get notify on apps always on display ya know i don't want to always have to swipe my phone in order to see that notify because won't show up on always on display

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, you're referring to a new S20, and not an old S7, correct?

Any power-saving modes turned on? Also, check the Battery Optimization setting for those apps (search for it in the system settings search bar) and try turning it off.

Let me see if @mustang7757 can help as well.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yes on s20 plus power mode off and also like google play store notification didn't show up always on display but when i unlock phone it comes up here's what i got notifications brief included apps brief pop up edge light styles multi color effects<-don't work

show even while screen is off

notifications lockscreen details notifications to show alert only show always always on display i do have flash notifications turn on

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
and are you being notify on every app that you received on your phone when show on always on display?

you see i got notification to show alert notifications because i got sounds on what happens if i put alert and silence notifications will i not hear sound coming from email's?

i did put it on icons only

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
and are you being notify on every app that you received on your phone when show on always on display?

you see i got notification to show alert notifications because i got sounds on what happens if i put alert and silence notifications will i not hear sound coming from email's?

i did put it on icons only now i do have show notifications icons number of notifications only and i got show number of notifications only, is reason why not alot of coming up due to having bubbles on?
Might be a limit on AOD how many icons can show but without AOD I think can show more

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok is because i got notifications to show only numbers and do i need to put it on all then it will show everything?<-apprently didn't happened

also what's going on when i pull down the notifications settings i see alert then underneath silent which is showing weatherbug<-i wished i can make that show up on always on display but seems i cannot

so very odd i get email and instagram there is a weatherbug notification but when i put it on always on display won't show up unless i unlock phone very bizzare

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As for the weather app try Uninstall and install again, I downloaded it and it shows the temp always on AOD

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
the weather bug app ? i'm not talking about weather that is on phone that saids tap for weather info

if its weatherbug please show me a pic and tell me how i can make it show up in aod please u have already uninstall and install it already nothing

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
the weather bug app ? i'm not talking about weather that is on phone that saids tap for weather info

if its weatherbug please show me a pic and tell me how i can make it show up in aod please u have already uninstall and install it already nothing
Yeah the weather bug app , I installed it and had notification without doing anything.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
hmm well what am i doing wrong not making it show aod then maybe this is 1 main reasons why not getting few apps notfications

what does this mean i got turn on show even while screen is off do i need to run optimizer

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
hmm well what am i doing wrong not making it show aod then maybe this is 1 main reasons why not getting few apps notfications

what does this mean i got turn on show even while screen is off do i need to run optimizer
This how I have mine set Screenshot_20201223-215536_Settings.jpeg

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i think you prob solved this i wonder now if all my other apps like google play store twitter notifications will come up i did text myself i still get alert on that

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
esp next time i get weather alert man i wasted so much time early this morning i could had order a case for phone get i think tomorrow amazon but now if i want it have to wait get sun i think will go with same case i had s7 the tough armory i still need to get that fast charger 9w

and i assumed another car charger i really don't like plugging my phone to wall charger with little adopter wished i can used this phone old fast charger stand i got s7 phone on

i guess if i really want those pics download folder from s7 phone i can just get them put computer to new phone i don't know

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
esp next time i get weather alert man i wasted so much time early this morning i could had order a case for phone get i think tomorrow amazon but now if i want it have to wait get sun i think will go with same case i had s7 the tough armory i still need to get that fast charger 9w

and i assumed another car charger i really don't like plugging my phone to wall charger with little adopter wished i can used this phone old fast charger stand i got s7 phone on

i guess if i really want those pics download folder from s7 phone i can just get them put computer to home i don't know
Yeah the folders you put on the computer and download to new phone or send them to Google photos and just sign in with same account and access them there also.

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah i just didn't know the downloads folder was in storage and also messenger folder that had 1 video was in storage those were only 2 that weren't on sd card i didn't know they were in storage

i got them on facebook and instagram but disney pics i like to have on phone i guess i have to do that

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah i just didn't know the downloads folder was in storage and also messenger folder that had 1 video was in storage those were only 2 that weren't on sd card i didn't know they were in storage

i got them on facebook and instagram but disney pics i like to have on phone i guess i have to do that
Ahhh ...gotcha

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah and 20 year reunion pic was also in that download folder yeah i need to that as well so i guess do computer thing to new phone never tired before yet and that birthday instagram video last year as well

oh btw twitter notification see on always display so i guess i'm good on everything now imagine that all this time i had on that other setting and i finally got this figure out a day later ha

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah and 20 year reunion pic was also in that download folder yeah i need to that as well so i guess do computer thing to new phone never tired before yet and that birthday instagram video last year as well

oh btw twitter notification see on always display so i guess i'm good on everything now imagine that all this time i had on that other setting and i finally got this figure out a day later ha
Good I'm glad to hear that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34