Google messages not sending texts

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
When I turn off chat features and try to turn it bank on, it says trying to verify number. And chat features don't come back on. I uninstalled the beta, so we'll see if that helps. 🤞🏼

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
When I turn off chat features and try to turn it bank on, it says trying to verify number. And chat features don't come back on. I uninstalled the beta, so we'll see if that helps. 🤞🏼

I've been stuck at this stage for a couple weeks now, at least. I think it's something on Google's end with Android 11/One UI 3.0 updates. Chat services just sets dead, not being used and Messages just says, "trying to verify number." If I confirm my number too many times, it will lock me out and says used too many attempts for the day and try again tomorrow.

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the trying to verify number stage. I uninstalled the beta and my messages are all sending now. It just won't set up RCS.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with the trying to verify number stage. I uninstalled the beta and my messages are all sending now. It just won't set up RCS.
I had the issue of chat not working right away also. I went to Google messages app info and force stop. Went back to the app and chat option was there.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been stuck at this stage for a couple weeks now, at least. I think it's something on Google's end with Android 11/One UI 3.0 updates. Chat services just sets dead, not being used and Messages just says, "trying to verify number." If I confirm my number too many times, it will lock me out and says used too many attempts for the day and try again tomorrow.
It's doing it on on android 10 also, I'm having same issue on fold 2. Go to Google messages app info and force stop it. Fixed it on my fold 2 anyway.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Try Google message app if same then might have reset network or call in Tmobile
I'm using Google messages and I have had issues with messages failing to send here and there. Using Android 10, fold 2 on verizon. Seems to be with the chat feature with others using the chat also. I'm waiting for it to happen again and lay more attention to that part.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
It's doing it on on android 10 also, I'm having same issue on fold 2. Go to Google messages app info and force stop it. Fixed it on my fold 2 anyway.

I've tried so many different things. Force stop, clear cache, sometimes also clearing data. Would do the same to carrier services, if the damn thing would even run. I also installed Google's dialer app to get into the phone system settings and make sure to turn switches on. I used an activity launcher to get into Messages settings, but there aren't any RCS flags to turn on like in the video I saw.

I'm at a loss. I don't know that it's ever going to happen at this point, unless there's an update somewhere which fixes it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm using Google messages and I have had issues with messages failing to send here and there. Using Android 10, fold 2 on verizon. Seems to be with the chat feature with others using the chat also. I'm waiting for it to happen again and lay more attention to that part.
Keep us posted on your findings

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
It never set up chat features once I unenrolled from the beta program. It was still not sending text messages sporadically and I wasn't receiving some texts. I finally just switched back to stock Samsung messages app. The biggest draw for me to google messages was RCS. Since it's not working I'd rather use the stock Samsung messages app as it is more aesthetic. They are supposedly going to start supporting RCS in the stock app. But who knows when that will be.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already looked through this thread and tried the various suggestions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan