S20 FE Delay when taking photo

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got my S20 FE not long ago, and I'm noticing a delay when I take photos. On my old HTC U11, when I press the button, I pretty instantly got a photo. On the FE, which should be a faster phone, I'm sometimes missing shots because it seems to be delayed slightly. I can't measure it, but it's probably around half a second, maybe. As a result, I've missed quite a few shots.

I've turned off the Scene optimizer, Shot suggestions, anything else that seems like it might delay things, but it hasn't made a difference. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a known fix or workaround?

Thanks!

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
No, I checked. It's definitely just the regular mode, not single take. And half a second is maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but it's definitely slower than my old HTC, which it shouldn't be. Oh well. Hopefully this is something that will get better with updates.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah mine takes a very short time to launch the app but photos are instant. I would reset the app. Maybe you have some focus mode set and its causing the delay.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to both of you! Clearing data and force restop seems to have done the trick. A little mysterious since the phone's pretty new, but it works, so I'm not complaining.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante