Like the title says New update is out for the Verizon S20 phones.
    02-26-2021 01:44 PM
    Like the title says New update is out for the Verizon S20 phones.
    Including the FE.
    02-26-2021 04:18 PM
    Sorry I have no idea. I have a S20+.
    02-26-2021 07:52 PM
    anyone notice any differences with the 3.1 update? the picture eraser function was "hidden" under the "labs" tab... interesting feature. but I don't think a lot of us will utilize it often.

a description popped up when I was using my stock Samsung messages app. but I don't really notice anything special/different about it?

I was messing around in the messages settings, noticed it had RCS options, such as delivery status and typing. but no don't actually see it when I had the options enabled. I know TMo had this feature for their older Samsung phones. But VZW never did. I'm on VZW, could that be the reason why it never carried over?
    02-27-2021 10:45 AM
    anyone notice any differences with the 3.1 update? the picture eraser function was "hidden" under the "labs" tab... interesting feature. but I don't think a lot of us will utilize it often.

a description popped up when I was using my stock Samsung messages app. but I don't really notice anything special/different about it?

I was messing around in the messages settings, noticed it had RCS options, such as delivery status and typing. but no don't actually see it when I had the options enabled. I know TMo had this feature for their older Samsung phones. But VZW never did. I'm on VZW, could that be the reason why it never carried over?
    Yeah, I found the special eraser option, but had to go into more settings and enable Labs. I also wonder if the Google RCS is now officially integrated into stock Samsung messages. I still don't trust Verizon to yank it out of their released version.
    02-27-2021 03:31 PM
    with all the RcSr enabled. I still don't see anything different from the previous version
    02-27-2021 11:20 PM
    Sorry I have no idea. I have a S20+.
    I wasn't asking, I was telling. The update is also available for the S20 FE on VZW. In the past, that one had updates rolled out later than the original 3 S20s.
    02-28-2021 02:06 PM
    Well alrighty then.
    02-28-2021 02:41 PM
    I wasn't asking, I was telling. The update is also available for the S20 FE on VZW. In the past, that one had updates rolled out later than the original 3 S20s.
    Not mine. Of course it's unlocked. I do hope it fixes the problem that I'm having...the "'5'G" is way laggier than the LTE+ ever was in the locations I most frequent.
    03-03-2021 07:25 PM
    Not mine. Of course it's unlocked. I do hope it fixes the problem that I'm having...the "'5'G" is way laggier than the LTE+ ever was in the locations I most frequent.
    I think that's a "5G" problem right now. There have been many reports of Verizon's nationwide 5G doing just what you're describing.
    03-03-2021 08:30 PM
    I think that's a "5G" problem right now. There have been many reports of Verizon's nationwide 5G doing just what you're describing.
    Yeah it's pretty bad. They supposedly turned it off manually on their end, but the 5G icon still appears. They also sent me a new sim card...and I installed it, but it told me that I need a new plan to use it.

Being on the grandfathered unlimited plan, I just went ahead and decided that is a no go.

Hopefully in some future software update, they allow you the option to turn it off on the phone. I don't live outdoors, so there is no uwb available where I use data...nor is there any *outside* of anywhere I've worked, or my home, so I got an unlocked S20fe with no UWB support. Hopefully they solve 5G and make it an upgrade from LTE sooner than later.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    03-08-2021 07:44 PM
    Yeah it's pretty bad. They supposedly turned it off manually on their end, but the 5G icon still appears. They also sent me a new sim card...and I installed it, but it told me that I need a new plan to use it.

Being on the grandfathered unlimited plan, I just went ahead and decided that is a no go.

Hopefully in some future software update, they allow you the option to turn it off on the phone. I don't live outdoors, so there is no uwb available where I use data...nor is there any *outside* of anywhere I've worked, or my home, so I got an unlocked S20fe with no UWB support. Hopefully they solve 5G and make it an upgrade from LTE sooner than later.
    What grandfathered plan are you on? I too was on an old unlimited plan. But with their new 5g plan, it was the same price as my old grandfathered plan.

It was a no brainer to "upgraded" to their 5g/UWB 5G plan at no additional cost.
    03-10-2021 03:38 PM
    Anyone getting moisture detected on the USB port. Started happening shortly after this update. It was sparotic at first. Now it has been on for the last 3 days. Phone has never been wet. Happens whenever I plug phone in. Doesn't matter if it is car, connected to factory charger or connected to a computer.
    03-14-2021 09:25 PM
    Anyone getting moisture detected on the USB port. Started happening shortly after this update. It was sparotic at first. Now it has been on for the last 3 days. Phone has never been wet. Happens whenever I plug phone in. Doesn't matter if it is car, connected to factory charger or connected to a computer.
    You sure it didn't get wet somehow? Something else in the port like dust, lint etc?
    03-15-2021 07:38 AM