A challenge brought on by curiosity....

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought of something last night...wanted to sleep on it before posting. To those who have an S20 (or any other newer Samsung)...I'm wondering how much of a difference will be noticed if there were people willing to try a device with half the RAM and CPU for a short time?

Looking everything over I thought of this one: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a12-10604.php
The Galaxy A12. Roughly half the specs (The CPU is unknown to me) and I thought this would be a good one. I stuck with Samsung so that the UI wouldn't be so jarring (it should be roughly the same as I understand everything).

The question arose as I was responding to a different thread, and made an observation on how the top tier Samsung phones are, at least on paper, giving my gaming PC a run for it's money. The question then arose how much are people truly using the device versus capacity, and not just storage. RAM, and the SoC. To be fair, I have 16 GB of RAM in my PC, and even running something Horizon Zero Dawn, I am at 83% RAM usage.

I chose this forum as I didn't think it would really be fair to ask Note users (I understand the pen can be quite handy; missing it can possibly throw a bias in the opinion feedback).

Anyone interested? Thoughts?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I bought an A21s for my friend and it was pretty good for her needs. I have a S10+and have just got a Pixel 4a 5G and I find the speed of the pixel is about the same as the S10+. This newer phone has a worse chip than even the terrible Exynos in my Samsung. So perhaps your challenge isn't a bad idea.

I have used terrible mediatek phones in the past, and you can tell they can barely function. My Pixel 2xl wasn't much worse on 4GB RAM than my S10+ on 8GB RAM. But although I am a heavy user it is not for gaming. Mainly reading articles and social media. The only game I play is Dragon Mania Legends and that is mostly an online game.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513