S21 Headphone Sound Issue

hus81

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So I bought a pair of C type headphones for my new S21 Ultra. When using them, playing games or watching Netflix, I get a fairly faint but obvious static sound as well as the normal whatever is playing. Then during low sound level periods the sound cuts completely including the static and starts again when the sound gets louder. Sound is perfect on speaker.

I've searched all over the net for a reason but can't find one, looked at settings, nothing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What brand and model of headphones do you have?

What did the reviews for them say? Any issues with other devices or users?

hus81

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
What brand and model of headphones do you have?

What did the reviews for them say? Any issues with other devices or users?

Hey, they are AKG headphones. But I cant see them being the problem as it's when any sound goes below to a certain level it cuts out

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Right it sounds like it's loosing gain. Without going into a whole complicated example I just have ~ two questions;

Can you reproduce a sound level at which the speakers appear to cut-out?

Have you ever pushed the volume to see if the sound being cut returns when more power is applied, i.e. a higher volume? I'm not sure if I'm saying that exactly correct or if I'm being clear. Let's say you play a song at a comfortable listening level and the sound cuts out at marker 00:39 but you're sure there is sound until marker 00:42. If you were to increase the volume can you then hear those last few seconds? This would be something I would test with the headphones out.

Really two things could be answered just by testing the headphones with another device. One if you get static with another device that points to the headphones, if not that points back to the device. The same would be true for the cut-out. Once you've answered that question you'll know where to look. If it points back to the device it also would be useful to know if it happens with other headphones. It's entirely possible that the issue isn't isolated to one or the other but a product of the two together.

Let us know what you find or what you've tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12