Home Android Central Q&A > Samsung Galaxy S20 & S20+ & S20 Ultra

Android v11 Recent Apps showing wrong icon (robot face)

Asked: Mar 28 2021 | 5:04 am EDT 688 Views 6 Answers

Oh, I'm new here, this is my first post so any help is very welcome - thanks in advance !

I have a Samsung S20 with (as far as I know) the latest version of Android on it and until a few days ago everything was working as expected.

However, when I now bring up the "Recent Apps" by pressing on ||| sometimes the icon shown does not correspond to the actual App it represents and for some reason the Android Robot Face on a Green Background is displayed. Please see screenshot where instead on the Standard Twitter icon it shows the Robot Face.

Android v11 Recent Apps showing wrong icon (robot face)-recent-apps-twitter.jpg

Has anyone experienced something similar please ?

More Answers

Mar 28 2021 | 6:52 pm EDT s1m0n_says

Welcome to Android Central! So if you tap that icon, Twitter opens? Or did you happen to uninstall Twitter recently?

Do you have an SD card installed, and if so, did you export Twitter to the card using this process? https://devicehelp.optus.com.au/sams...o-memory-card/
Thanks for the reply ... so yes Twitter opens as usual and no I don't have an SD card installed.

Mar 28 2021 | 9:33 pm EDT mustang7757

Thanks for the reply ... so yes Twitter opens as usual and no I don't have an SD card installed.
Hi welcome to AC!

You using a launcher or theme ?

Mar 28 2021 | 9:34 pm EDT mustang7757

[Moved this from general help to s20 forums for specific traffic]

Mar 29 2021 | 12:31 am EDT s1m0n_says

Hi welcome to AC!

You using a launcher or theme ?
Ah, thank you, that was it ... I am using a Launcher so I switched it back to the original and then back again and hey presto it's now showing the Icons correctly !!

Mar 29 2021 | 9:34 am EDT mustang7757

Ah, thank you, that was it ... I am using a Launcher so I switched it back to the original and then back again and hey presto it's now showing the Icons correctly !!
Great , glad I could help !