No UI 3.1 Update on S20+ with ATT. Anyone with similar issue?

MicMcDevitt

Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but im stuck on One UI 2.1, Android 10, and security patch June 2020. When i got the phone it updated three times and then, nothing. Ive had the phone for 4 days. But i love it. Just want it to be fully updated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but im stuck on One UI 2.1, Android 10, and security patch June 2020. When i got the phone it updated three times and then, nothing. Ive had the phone for 4 days. But i love it. Just want it to be fully updated.
Hi welcome to AC!
Same device s20? And on att?
You would most likely flash with odin to the latest

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the S20 Ultra. And yeah ATT. I dont mind if i have to flash, but after looking around ive heard you might have a guide?
Yes I can help u with this , I can give 2 options for you , if u want can flash to unlock firmware and not have issues again with OTA updates or stay on the carrier firmware?

MicMcDevitt

Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
Yes I can help u with this , I can give 2 options for you , if u want can flash to unlock firmware and not have issues again with OTA updates or stay on the carrier firmware?

Id like to stay on carrier firmware at this time i think. I just want to have the latest updates possible.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Id like to stay on carrier firmware at this time i think. I just want to have the latest updates possible.
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If looking for Att firmware can try xda or sammobile as they are hard to come by otherwise flash Tmobile (don't worry) all carriers firmware are interchangeable but might have to flash each security update monthly but as long as u use Home CSC it won't factory reset and only takes 10 minutes like a OTA to complete.

MicMcDevitt

Apr 21, 2021
Visit site
Seems to have worked! I found an ATNT from March firmware, flashed it, and then all the sudden it had an OTA update and it then it updated to April 1st 2021 Security patch AND i got 3.1 ONE UI and Android 11 now. So im fully up to date. This was a lot easier than i expected. Thanks for the help!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Seems to have worked! I found an ATNT from March firmware, flashed it, and then all the sudden it had an OTA update and it then it updated to April 1st 2021 Security patch AND i got 3.1 ONE UI and Android 11 now. So im fully up to date. This was a lot easier than i expected. Thanks for the help!
Great Your welcome!