Flashing Verizon S20 Ultra to T-Mobile?

tipt0e

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I have an unlocked Verizon S20 ultra that I am using right now with a T-Mobile sim. I would like to flash the phone so I am able to have the T-Mobile start up screen when I turn on the phone and all the preloaded T-Mobile apps. I am also getting spotty network connections where there was no problem with my Note 9. I am not tech savvy at all. I tried to follow tutorials I found but am still having trouble. I need super simple step by step directions. Please help.

rlmesq

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
In order to flash a phone, the bootloader has to be unlocked. Unfortunately, they are locked down hard on Verizon branded phones and I don't think anybody has cracked them, so you're stuck.

Was your Note on T-Mobile as well? Verizon has much better coverage in my area, but I switched to T-Mobile because it cut my bill by more than $100 a month.

tipt0e

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
In order to flash a phone, the bootloader has to be unlocked. Unfortunately, they are locked down hard on Verizon branded phones and I don't think anybody has cracked them, so you're stuck.

Was your Note on T-Mobile as well? Verizon has much better coverage in my area, but I switched to T-Mobile because it cut my bill by more than $100 a month.

The threads I tried to follow looked promising as they were trying to flash Verizon to T-Mobile with the s20. I'm hoping it can be the same for me.

The Note 9 is an unlocked Verizon phone that was flashed to T-Mobile. It was flashed by another person who is not willing to do it again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I am trying to flash my Verizon s20 to T-Mobile and am having trouble. The threads I found was difficult for me to follow. Would you be able to give me step by step directions?
I prefer you going to the unlocked version as Verizon hacks the firmware when flashed with other carrier firmware , meaning it wont load t-mobile splash screen etc.. would you like to go to unlocked firmware ? You can go back to carrier anytime but in my experience best to do unlocked with Verizon.

tipt0e

Apr 16, 2021
Visit site
I prefer you going to the unlocked version as Verizon hacks the firmware when flashed with other carrier firmware , meaning it wont load t-mobile splash screen etc.. would you like to go to unlocked firmware ? You can go back to carrier anytime but in my experience best to do unlocked with Verizon.

That sounds good. How do I go about doing that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That sounds good. How do I go about doing that?
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin prince comsey 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo