My S20 FE has started making phone calls and playing Spotify

J T Peters

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
My S20FE has started dialing contacts, turning on Spotify, and today it downloaded many foreign language Samsung keyboards. It has done all this while in a pocket after I've shut off the screen.

I figured out how to delete those keyboards. How can I get it to stop?

Note: I posted this question without signing in earlier so you may see it twice.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Change your screen lock to immediately when screen put to sleep.

If you have any time on this the screen can wake and then start changing stuff like you describe.

Type "screen lock" on settings to find this.

You can also turn your screen face out to stop this because your screen can sense your leg thru the thin material is your pocket.
42057e2c6f32dcc09c0470ba51a6cb0d.jpg

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also using Nova on the S21 and if you open settings, pull down the notifications bar>touch the gear icon, and type auto lock into search bar, it's the first thing to pop up.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I got it now, the one thing you didn't mention that I was supposed to guess at because it's normal not to use a security lock, I got it.

Best wishes.

dgcorn

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
As for Spotify - that app has a mind of its own. It is really hard to turn off. I think it's turned off, then it starts playing on its own when it syncs with Bluetooth in my car. I usually have to open the apps under setting and force stop Spotify.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
As for Spotify - that app has a mind of its own. It is really hard to turn off. I think it's turned off, then it starts playing on its own when it syncs with Bluetooth in my car. I usually have to open the apps under setting and force stop Spotify.
Does the premium version have auto play in background like YouTube premium?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC