Weird option for Facebook from notifications since July update

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
S21 Ultra - Verizon - Not rooted. Since the latest update, whenever I click on a notification from Facebook, I get this dialogue. At first I thought the update might have added a duplicate app for Facebook. However, only have one in the apps drawer and only one in settings -> apps.

I've tried both links (using just once). They both open the app I'm signed in with. So, I'm puzzled

Anyone else notice this?

SmartSelect_20210718-112930_Android%20System.jpg

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
No
Just Facebook. Either option opens the only Facebook I'm aware that I have.

Should have added, it's doing the same on my wife's S21 Ultra as well

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Well
I can tap always now that I know they both open the main app. I'm just kinda curious at why.

First I thought they over wrote a naked in app. But if they had there would be two apps. But there aren't

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So i got another notification and same thing happened, this started as i join a new closed group and when i get notification from them it happens so still checking .

kikbxr1969

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
So i got another notification and same thing happened, this started as i join a new closed group and when i get notification from them it happens so still checking .
Only in one closed group that isn't very active(admin group where we discuss actions on group rule infractions for the group we manage)

Seems to be happening with every notification I get from FB

Also, just noticed that FB updated the other day as well. Could be a FB app glitch and I only thought it was the system update

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Only in one closed group that isn't very active(admin group where we discuss actions on group rule infractions for the group we manage)

Seems to be happening with every notification I get from FB

Also, just noticed that FB updated the other day as well. Could be a FB app glitch and I only thought it was the system update
I haven't had any notifications yet so i cant tell if its Facebook or something else

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
yeah i notice this past sat night when i was at my brother home putting it on wifi i was like what i never seen that before

i just put it on always<-was this a good thing? i did google some stuff facebook chrome browser on phone night before

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me for a few days, now I can't open Facebook from the notification. Oh well, no surprises there, Facebook is probably one of the worst apps out there :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome