Google Maps - "You are back online..." message ~1 minute after navigation begins

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Every single time I start Google Maps for navigation the last couple of weeks. About 1 minute into the navigation I get the message, "You are back online. You are on the fastest route". It is odd - it doesn't matter where I am, how good my signal is, I get the message every single time I start navigation. But it never goes "offline" again no matter how long I navigate. I've cleared cache in the app, rebooted my device - may have to wipe the app data but wanted to see if anyone has been experiencing this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How's your cell signal? Could it be that you're passing through an area of poor signal, and then when you regain signal, that's when you see that message?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
How's your cell signal? Could it be that you're passing through an area of poor signal, and then when you regain signal, that's when you see that message?

That's what I would think, if it happened every once in a while. But I've experienced this every single time, probably more than a dozen times over the past few weeks. And I can have full bars, 5G, LTE - doesn't matter - I still get that message and it's always about a minute into the navigation and then it never happens again during the rest of that navigation session.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it has to do with the handoff from your home wi-fi to the phone's mobile data signal (which shouldn't happen, but maybe it's a little bug). What happens if you start the morning not connected to your home wi-fi and head off to work?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
That's a good suggestion, but it has happened even when I'm not near a wifi that I was connected to.

However, I noticed today that I didn't get the notice when navigating to work. So maybe a recent update fixed it??? I hope. Will continue to monitor to see if I get it again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante