Has anyone tried using the Apple headphone adaptor with a Samsung galaxy S20 fe?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I bought one on impulse from the high street but reviews are saying it cuts the sound down drastically on android phones. I can return it if the packaging is unopened.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

I cannot directly answer your question as I own no Apple products but how are you going to connect an Apple headphone adaptor to an Android device?
I ask because the Apple adaptor has a Lightening connection and your FE uses USB-C. No adaptor needed for wireless headphones/ear buds and they work with Android.

On the other hand if you're talking just headphones, not an adaptor, I want to say that I read an article or watched a review on YouTube that said that, Apple headphones/ear buds don't perform with the same quality when connected to Android as they do when connected to an Apple product. I remember for sure that there are features that one won't get using this combination. Fast pairing, Siri (obviously) and something else that eludes me at the moment. A quick search will probably turn up more detailed information.

We have an S20 forum where this question could be directed at S20 owners, some of which I'm sure have at least tried Apple products with their Samsung device. @B. Diddy should this thread be moved to the S20 forums?

In the meantime, if you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments, please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

You could tell us exactly which Apple product you have and that would improve your chances of getting an accurate response.

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Apple makes a USB C adapter for headphones. I seen them at Walmart the other day. I almost bought one but a quick Google search said they don't work well with Androids so I saved my money and bought the cheaper, I think ONN, it was in a different isle, and it works great.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Apple makes a USB C adapter for headphones. I seen them at Walmart the other day. I almost bought one but a quick Google search said they don't work well with Androids so I saved my money and bought the cheaper, I think ONN, it was in a different isle, and it works great.
That makes sense as that's what you'd use with their newer iPad Pros and MacBook too. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple did something so they wouldn't work on Android cutlery.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
What brand would you recommend?
I have a Google, HTC and a Razor. The Razer is the best of the 3, the HTC is second best. The best ones are the 3rd party ones that are much more expensive, but the Razer is pretty damn good. Where people have to be careful is there are some adapters that are just "pass through" adapters and have no DAC. Motorola's adapter is an example of that. Truthfully, I prefer wireless and there are some Bluetooth headphones or buds out there that come close to wired sound.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Google, HTC and a Razor. The Razer is the best of the 3, the HTC is second best. The best ones are the 3rd party ones that are much more expensive, but the Razer is pretty damn good. Where people have to be careful is there are some adapters that are just "pass through" adapters and have no DAC. Motorola's adapter is an example of that. Truthfully, I prefer wireless and there are some Bluetooth headphones or bud out there that come close to wired sound.
Thanks some good tips

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234