S20 ultra unable to set up RCS in Google messages

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to set up RCS on my S20 ultra. It keeps trying to verify my phone number, but never does. Anybody else have this issue? Cha features work in Samsung messages just fine. I'm on T-Mobile.

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Already tried rebooting, clearing data and cache in both messages and carrier services, but to no avail. Running out of options here.

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
I found a fix for it! I went to myaccount.google.com/phone and there used the account associated with my phone number. There is a switch that says automatically verify phone number. It was toggled off. I toggled it on and it showed up as verified about 15 min later. I went back into messages and tried verifying my number again, and boom, it connected. RCS is working again on my phone!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I found a fix for it! I went to myaccount.google.com/phone and there used the account associated with my phone number. There is a switch that says automatically verify phone number. It was toggled off. I toggled it on and it showed up as verified about 15 min later. I went back into messages and tried verifying my number again, and boom, it connected. RCS is working again on my phone!
Good find

adot16

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Indeed I did. It won't verify when I toggle on the auto verify button now. It just says, "Auto-verification is pending for this device. This may take a while." It's been like that since carrier services and messages were updated. I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary in my Google account either.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Indeed I did. It won't verify when I toggle on the auto verify button now. It just says, "Auto-verification is pending for this device. This may take a while." It's been like that since carrier services and messages were updated. I can't seem to find anything out of the ordinary in my Google account either.
I know some have had this issue thats why i mentioned give it a week for it to straighten itself out .

mcaspe1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same issue. It's been 3 days. I had an update to the Google app and that did it to mine. I've tried everything with no luck. Still stuck verifying number.

Google needs to fix this.