New Update for S20+ 5G for Verizon phones

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
New Update for S20+ 5G for Verizon phones . Android12 is out now for download. I'm going to assume its available for other Verizon S20 versions also.

Enjoy

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine earlier and someone please tell me how to get rid of that damn bouncy scroll screen without disabling all animations via developer mode lol. I absolutely hate it and not sure why they would allow it. I don't even have motion sickness at all and I'm sure people that do will not enjoy it, at all.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
My keyboard in landscape seems to minimize quite a bit as well. I checked my hands are not touching off the keyboard as well. It's a little irritating

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its because I am getting older now. I haven't cared for having the most current OS for a few years now. I only found out that Google/Samsung released 12 and UI 4 when a Google card popped up on my phone. Saying that Android 12 was out in the wild for DL...

After I DL'd it, Other than the gimmicky color palette... I don't really notice anything different than the previous OS. I had to rebooted it a few times today because it was laggy. Which is still happening.

Anyone notice anything that is "revolutionary" over Android 11?

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Anybody have issues with this upgrade? I've had bad experiences with full Android OS updates in the past (as in... bricked the phone) and am reluctant to take it without hearing more, since the articles I've seen suggest it has been a disaster.

On that note, how can I decline it? Tmo says I can only put it off three times :-/. S20 FE.

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
Anybody have issues with this upgrade? I've had bad experiences with full Android OS updates in the past (as in... bricked the phone) and am reluctant to take it without hearing more, since the articles I've seen suggest it has been a disaster.

On that note, how can I decline it? Tmo says I can only put it off three times :-/. S20 FE.

Not a single issue.
Phone runs snappy as ever with new features that I really like.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Don't know what to tell ya. Each Carrier puts their own little twist to the Android software. I'm guessing the folks you say were having issues were on TMO? Verizon version has been fine as mentioned already.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I've seen plenty of complaints about 12 on all carriers - I read through about dozen threads and articles this morning. After the fiasco when an update borked a phone that upgraded (had to be replaced under warranty), I always check first!

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Not to make light of your concerns. But in all honesty I'm not going to read the linked sites because I'm not having any issues and I'm not worried about it. I took the update knowing there was a possibility that some thing could glitch but I figured with all the folks that volunteer to test most of the bigger issues get caught. Sure some bugs get through some times.

Good luck with you phone.

notacoach

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Not to make light of your concerns. But in all honesty I'm not going to read the linked sites because I'm not having any issues and I'm not worried about it. I took the update knowing there was a possibility that some thing could glitch but I figured with all the folks that volunteer to test most of the bigger issues get caught. Sure some bugs get through some times.

Good luck with you phone.
All good. I gave up and took it, and this one went like clockwork. Phew! I think it's one of those things that until it happens to you, it doesn't matter, but once it does... You never trust it again lol

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc