call fliter plus does anybody know how to remove it i accidently upgraded it mon afternoon

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
this mon i got phone call potential spam instead delete i somehow manage to upgrade to verizon call flliter plus on my phone<-have never done this before by accident

next thing i knew i was getting notifications from verizon saying call fliter was upgraded or something like that i text message a food delivery person and i got notify not in contact since never have put them in contact

i open that notification and i see this page https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tup-call-filter-android-video/&token=orujVm2H

that women sitting on couch say goodbye to spam robocalls and more i didn't pay attention to what it said underneath but i remember seeing get started<-never did that and i dismissed

now i did call verizon tech they didn't understand what i was saying i chatted with them after approved in message still nada

however last night after i text message oldest niece and she text message me back i got notify not in contact list i open up that same dumb verizon link notification

i finally saw what it was saying it read account phone number call filter plus mobile protect get started
now for some odd reason after i got that from verizon saying she not in contact and never have btw

umm i saw the people icon with circle and name is like captailzation color change white<-am not sure why it did that

now because i was in chat and verizon text message me approved to look into account that made link go away

they once again kept telling we don't see it but it's there so i don't know i'm not going to click on get started don't want to used call fliter plus at all if i go verizon store today and i assumed since can't show them what it doing on phone i have to type it up and tell them like doing here

can they actually remove that or have to call techy techy upper level folks man i wished never done that mon afternoon still don't know how in the heck i upgraded call fliter to call fliter plus

now my problem is how to made that go away and am not sure how does anybody have call fliter plus on their phone once and if so how did you get it removed, if never click on get started?i want to download i guess to call fliter free i don't know

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Try this.

Go into the My Verizon app, or download from the Play store if you don't already have it, then sign in. Scroll to the bottom of the main account screen where it says Add-ons and Apps, and tap "manage." Look for either Call Filter, or Call Filter Plus add-on and select manage there as well. Now you should see a page with one of those labels at the top and a list of your lines below it. (I'm using the free version, so not sure how similar yours looks. Tap the change option next to each line in question and see if it gives you the option to go back to the free version of the add-on

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
it's odd call verizon this morning they say i don't have call fliter plus and i don't know why all of a sudden if somebody who text message before but not on contact list and they text message back like that food delivery place mon and yesterday oldest niece verizon notify not contact list you click on link

it displays that pic of women on couch words say goodbye to spam robocalls and more

underneath that it saids account number call fliter plus mobile protect get started

the oddest thing if you dismissed it next time you text message same person not contact list it won't come up notify you

again i should had not went into verizon chat yesterday they text number and after i approved they look into account that link went away that had up

yes they at their end told me they removed it wait 24 hours but when i went back into chat person told me they never saw call fliter plus

basically now i have no proof to show verizon despite i type up 2 pages last night they wouldn't understand

only way to show them if somebody not contact list i text message them back who i haven't text message in awhile they text message me back then that i get that verizon notification saying not contact list i open link up and it will prob still display that

again i never had this happen before i done something mon upgraded and not sure what i do i'm stuck at this point and time

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
ok i just learn new if i open up call fliter app i do see that say goodbye to spam robocalls and more current account underneath has my numbe rcall fliter plus verizon mobile protect

get started yeah so yes i do have it why am i seeing this all of a sudden dumb verizon

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ok i just learn new if i open up call fliter app i do see that say goodbye to spam robocalls and more current account underneath has my numbe rcall fliter plus verizon mobile protect

get started yeah so yes i do have it why am i seeing this all of a sudden dumb verizon
Did you try my suggestion above on how to change it yourself?

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i haven't yet but i will look prob tonight on my dad account despite i got verizon app i don't have password to get in

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
now very confused somehow ya know last night in chat they accidently remove call fliter and i had to make them put it back so now instead of it saying mobile protect

when i open up call fliter it say current account phone number call fliter plus get started<-why it keeps doing this i don't understand

women on phone clairm i don't have call fliter plus and wants me to click on start choose either call fliter free or add plus i don't want to do that

she did say customer care will not remove it because i don't have it but yet in chat awhile somebody just look into account they say i do have call fliter plus very confused

so seems they have disable it but can't removed however i read this

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...support/knowledge-base-224033/&token=INCp6lN8

Last edited:

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
6 days 6 freakin days but back to normal finally somebody verizon chat fixed it for some odd reason not only my phone but my mom and dad's iphone apprently had no insurance they took it off friday somebody got confused anyways all phones back insurance

2nd of all what we all been waiting for somehow the customer care person was able to remove call fliter plus and when i open up call fliter app it now saying call fliter free lordy so happy i don't have to go verizon today i can rest easy

oh when i went back to look at that potential spam phone call it no longer shows a meter like it did mon it now shows a diamond shape

i assumed if i never accidently from potenital spam phone somehow made call fliter free upgraded to plus as soon as i order food from that number not in my contact for supper mon night they text me back it would been normal land instead getting notify verizon i open up link call fliter it being on plus

at least no longer plus its back to call fliter free man 6 days been stressed out worried everybody claiming got call fliter free but i never did got plus by miistake now again i think it was thurs or friday night i did have soembody on phone they were putting me customer service and something happen didn't go though i thought at that time be fixed

going into verizon chat having them approved text message bad idea agian i have no clue who in the heck wanted to remove insurance on all phones friday night from chat when guy said not only my mom phone insurance off then say all 3 i panic glad he put insurance back on all phones meh

eh another funny thing people who i don't add not in contact i see recent calls i was seeing white circle with people icon on it<-i assumed this was right after i upgraded to plus because i mention in this thread

https://forums.androidcentral.com/s...de-symbol-people-icon-normal.html#post7085099

now i don't see icon when i click on info when expand name hmm wow didn't know that was due to being on plus new to me

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
You can view everything associated with your account by logging into your Verizon account via verizon app or your browser. You could have removed the add on there if you have account permissions. Probably through the call filter app as well.

All Verizon plans include call filter which you can screen calls and block scam likely calls. The call filter plus is an upgrade you pay for that just gives you more options than what you already get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-003635_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-003635_Chrome.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 3

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
well so i did go to verizon store today and yes i did screwed up last mon after i got that potential spam phone call instead me block or delete<-used to in the past somehow i must press something made that call fliter free upgrade to plus free<-now despite not paying for it seems its on some sortof trial version and because they credit 17 bucks the guy couldn't put me back on the dot when i was over there today is the reason

you see i'm not account holder my dad is so i kindof say my dad name and verizon look into account and we know that his and my mom only person iphones

again its only affecting my phone due to being on android i can't get into verizon app can open but can't sign in only my dad can on his phone since account holder i assumed this is reason why every time i open call fliter app like mon,yesterday i go back in chat they put me back on free and if i do it right open app will update to plus because i'm in the so called plus free trial again not paying

basically in a nutshell i just have to suffer being in on it until bill cycle ends 22nd next month then it will go back to free again, dangit i asked guy if folks every happen before at store he said yes

now i kindof call tech support which glad i did because yesterday i told them my dad line was never on insurance but keep my line and my mom line

somehow they kindof screwed up remove it off my line put it on his they left it on my mom so basically women on phone had to do paper work put insurance back on my phone taken dad phone still bill will be 188 will take 10 days to put it back on my line btw

seems i learn my lesson if i only deleted the dumb spam call or block it i wouldn't somehow upgraded to plus<-trail version good thing not paying for it still made maybe it was a good thing call them 1 day last week them credit back 17 bucks then again perhaps if didn't i went in store today guy would put me back on free i don't know why it took this long to figure out issue should went to store got this sorted out after i mess up last mon afternoon instead going into chat help calling them put me back on free then next day i open up app it upgrades to plus this is all because what i did last mon and now due to credit guy couldn't remove it i have to suffer wait 22nd billing cycle ends next month then will go back to free again

i assumed this is what reddit from 2 years ago saying Eligibility Details: This offer is available to customers who add Call Filter Plus after 4/23/20. Verizon Protect subscribers and existing Call Filter Plus subscribers are excluded from this promo. For device eligibility please visit Call Filter landing page. Prepaid accounts are not eligible for Call Filter at this time. Basic phones, bring your own devices and Android ODI (Open Development) devices are not eligible to upgrade to Call Filter Plus.

Note: You will be automatically rolled back to Call Filter Free at the end of the promo i'm not sure if 18 last mon when did it to 22nd next month is 60 days or not but that what verizon rep at store told me when bill cycle ends in a few weeks when i call verizon on phone they say it ends 22nd next month

y2jman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
i should had showed my phone to verizon when i was at store weds when he told me i was actually in so called fliter plus trial version and have to wait until 22nd of next month bill cycle ends due to that 17 credit on account

on s20 plus phone when you click on phone app icon and you go click on 3 lines on phone to no recent used apps and shows icon at bottom of scene it show also display that same phone icon right not display call fliter icon

also text message it should show you normal text message icon when you go back to no recent used apps instead it display people icon right

basically in a nutshell because i'm on call fliter plus trail version is reason why doing that and when i do go back to free again on 22nd when bill cycle ends both icons when hit back to no recent used apps they should display normal icons am i right

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781