So I just hand a random thought related to the S20 camera rumors and how it's expected to ship with a much larger image sensor. Current clip on and after market lenses like those from Moment, Oppo, Sirui, and others will probably all be incompatible.

As a photographer I know lenses are designed with a specific image sensor size in mind because a larger sensor requires a physically larger lens. Moment had to redo their lens collection and introduce a version 2 when Apple increased the image sensor size between the iphone 6 and iphone 7, around the same time sensor sizes went up for most Android phones as well. Old clip on lenses vignette on newer cell phones for this reason.

So S20 is going to come along with a much larger image sensor, I think this will make it incompatible with all current clip on lenses.

Some would argue you don't need thses now that phones have multiple lenses, but with Samsung pro mode is only allowed on the primary lens.

Just a random thought I've seen no one discuss or mention anywhere on the web yet.
    harmfulKarl likes this.
    01-16-2020 03:50 AM
    You probably will, as soon as someone tries to take a tele or macro picture with one. (And of course a lot of people are going to blame Samsung "because the lens works fine on my <insert older phone>". Not that many people who do videos about cellphones are photographers. [Just look at all the "It won't focus on <something close> and <something far away> at the same time" comments.])
    01-16-2020 04:30 PM
    This is interesting though as I thought of getting the anamorphic lens and I already downloaded the moment app, have you tried moment? as a photographer what do you think of these mobile lenses?
    01-19-2020 10:33 AM