VR capabilities?

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I know that hardly anyone uses the VR capabilities of galaxy phones with the headgear but does anyone know if it will keep this feature I haven't heard any news on this

Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The phone is capable and you can still use VR with Cardboard devices, just not dedicated Oculus Gear VR headsets/software because, well, they were a humongous flop. With standalone VR equipment with much better hardware for THAT application, however, being much less than a phone + the ridiculous price Samsung charged for a Gear VR is hard to see why it would justify making a headset just for the Note 10 or S20.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
The phone is capable and you can still use VR with Cardboard devices, just not dedicated Oculus Gear VR headsets/software because, well, they were a humongous flop. With standalone VR equipment with much better hardware for THAT application, however, being much less than a phone + the ridiculous price Samsung charged for a Gear VR is hard to see why it would justify making a headset just for the Note 10 or S20.

Yes makes sense I believe it was just to showcase it in the first place anyway and make people wan to buy the real vr gear

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Never really caught on. I have a Gear VR, got bored of it fast because there wasn't much content. From what I've read Samsung sold very few headsets, the vast majority were given away for free with phone purchases.

My buddy has VR for the PS4, it's a superior experience, so it doesn't surprise me Samsungs efforts were a flop.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Never really caught on. I have a Gear VR, got bored of it fast because there wasn't much content. From what I've read Samsung sold very few headsets, the vast majority were given away for free with phone purchases.

My buddy has VR for the PS4, it's a superior experience, so it doesn't surprise me Samsungs efforts were a flop.

Yes I think it was originally intended as an introduction to VR, I'm sure the PS4 is much better, and also to sell their 360 cameras, not sure how that's going either

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I know that hardly anyone uses the VR capabilities of galaxy phones with the headgear but does anyone know if it will keep this feature I haven't heard any news on this

Thanks
Gear VR died with the S10 series and not compatible with the Note 10

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance