I reserved a phone through Samsung, but will be using the phone with AT&T. Obviously price and freebies (buds+ and $35 credit) will weigh in the decision. Are there any non-economic reasons to choose unlocked from Samsung over purchasing through AT&T?
    02-10-2020 02:10 PM
    Nope, same thing. Only differences are who handles your warranty claims and any additional incentives or financing options available. Also, you can use your Samsung Pay points for credit in the Samsung store.
    02-10-2020 02:34 PM
    Att you wont get the RCA message, video chat in dialer ,wifi calling. You'll need the carrier version for that .
    02-10-2020 02:35 PM
    Not to mention carrier specific bloatware. I hate the AT&T bloatware. Verizon is even worse with their Appflash spyware. If you don't need wifi calling, get the unlocked version. As for AT&T Visual Voicemail... yes you can get it in an unlocked phone via the Play store... I have it.
    EMGSM likes this.
    02-10-2020 04:12 PM
    Not to mention carrier specific bloatware. I hate the AT&T bloatware. Verizon is even worse with their Appflash spyware. If you don't need wifi calling, get the unlocked version. As for AT&T Visual Voicemail... yes you can get it in an unlocked phone via the Play store... I have it.
    Yup , rather have the unlocked version I dont use wifi calling .
    EMGSM likes this.
    02-10-2020 04:14 PM
    I was able to get the free buds with my S10+ when I bought from Best Buy. I hope the same applies here.
    02-10-2020 07:23 PM
    I was able to get the free buds with my S10+ when I bought from Best Buy. I hope the same applies here.
    It's pretty much guarantee that there will be free buds with pre orders. We will bring out the pitch forks if there are no pre order goodies form Samsung

We are used to that from them
    EMGSM likes this.
    02-11-2020 02:19 AM
    What about the Voice over LTE (VOLTE) on the unlocked version on ATT?
    02-11-2020 09:38 AM
    Didn't have that or hd
    02-11-2020 09:47 AM
    I always get the unlocked version, I do not want the ATT bloatware. Especially the stupid DirecTV junk!!!!
    02-12-2020 12:27 PM
    What about the Voice over LTE (VOLTE) on the unlocked version on ATT?
    That's a good reason why I always go carrier version. I bought the Note 9 unlocked one time and was using it on ATT. I lost the HDVoice. So I got rid of it and traded for the S10+
    02-12-2020 12:39 PM
    Mayhaps my Search-Fu is weak, because I can't find a list anywhere of AT&T carrier specific features.

Visual Voicemail... in the Playstore
    HD calling... never had it, never felt a need for it, don't care
    WiFi calling... see above, lol
    Uber app forced on you... BITE ME AT&T.
    Maybe faster updates? ... I've never been one to care. In fact I hate Pie and One UI so much I never took those or subsequent updates... never had any security or other issues on my Note 9
    They disable Game Launcher too in favor of their own crap... or at least this used to be the case.

Anything I'm missing?
    02-12-2020 01:10 PM
    I am getting T-mobile but thru Samsung. Samsung takes the trade in off of the total, but t-mobile gives bill credits.
    02-12-2020 04:39 PM
    That's a good reason why I always go carrier version. I bought the Note 9 unlocked one time and was using it on ATT. I lost the HDVoice. So I got rid of it and traded for the S10+
    I did that with note 10 but just used odin to put t-mobile version on.
    02-12-2020 04:41 PM
    I did that with note 10 but just used odin to put t-mobile version on.
    Does Tmobile allow Samsungs "find my mobile?" I hate that Verizon doesnt allow it so I buy unlocked. Not sure what they gain by doing that. The Samsung app has more features than the Google app.
    02-12-2020 04:57 PM
    Does Tmobile allow Samaungs "find my mobile?" I hate that Verizon doesnt allow it so I buy unlocked. Not sure what they gain by doing that. The Samsung app has more features than the Google app.
    Yep, just tried it. Worked fine.
    02-12-2020 06:49 PM
    Does Tmobile allow Samaungs "find my mobile?" I hate that Verizon doesnt allow it so I buy unlocked. Not sure what they gain by doing that. The Samsung app has more features than the Google app.
    Yes I can confirm also
    02-12-2020 06:56 PM
    It is such an unrated feature that people overlook. I like that if someone steals your phone it will allow you to back up before erasing. Off course you have to have data on the phone but still pretty cool in the event it was just lost.
    02-12-2020 07:26 PM
    It is such an unrated feature that people overlook. I like that if someone steals your phone it will allow you to back up before erasing. Off course you have to have data on the phone but still pretty cool in the event it was just lost.
    I also like that you can unlock your phone.
    02-12-2020 09:23 PM