Anyone else disappointed with the large final payment that Samsung seem to be forcing on you or am i missing something?

Yes it is lower monthly payments but the phone is not yours unless you pay £200 at the end!
    I would rather slightly larger monthlies knowing it all ends on the last payment rather than be scraping around for money i may not have at the time.

Is there any other option other than not buying in the first place or going with a carrier?

Cheers

Paul
    02-13-2020 07:20 AM
    It would help to specify if you're going through Samsung Financing or another type of financing (and I'm assuming UK, but also helps to point out which country). As for the final payment, if it's on a lease agreement, those are pretty standard. If it's straight up financing, chances are it would work to your advantage IF you trade in frequently.
    msm0511 likes this.
    02-13-2020 10:28 AM
    It would help to specify if you're going through Samsung Financing or another type of financing (and I'm assuming UK, but also helps to point out which country). As for the final payment, if it's on a lease agreement, those are pretty standard. If it's straight up financing, chances are it would work to your advantage IF you trade in frequently.
    Hiya

Yes UK
    Through the Samsung Upgrade Programe that I do most years but it has changed this to have a large final payment
    jma78b likes this.
    02-13-2020 10:51 AM
    If it's through their program, then yeah, it's meant to keep you upgrading by doing trade-ins. Less monthly payments, and since you're trading in at the end, the final cost is offset by the trade-in (but so is your discount on the new device). As phones become more expensive, these kinds of programs have to figure out ways to offset those price increases to keep themselves profitable. Otherwise you'd have to stick to straight-up financing.
    paulwilko10 likes this.
    02-13-2020 11:02 AM
    Hiya

Yes UK
    Through the Samsung Upgrade Programe that I do most years but it has changed this to have a large final payment
    I'm UK too and not impressed with this large final payment. I've not gone with the upgrade this year and chose to trade in my S10 and use Klarna to pay it off in 12 months. I'm getting the S20+ in grey.
    paulwilko10 likes this.
    02-16-2020 08:09 AM