Why the large final payment?

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
Anyone else disappointed with the large final payment that Samsung seem to be forcing on you or am i missing something?

Yes it is lower monthly payments but the phone is not yours unless you pay £200 at the end!
I would rather slightly larger monthlies knowing it all ends on the last payment rather than be scraping around for money i may not have at the time.

Is there any other option other than not buying in the first place or going with a carrier?

Cheers

Paul

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It would help to specify if you're going through Samsung Financing or another type of financing (and I'm assuming UK, but also helps to point out which country). As for the final payment, if it's on a lease agreement, those are pretty standard. If it's straight up financing, chances are it would work to your advantage IF you trade in frequently.

paulwilko10

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
It would help to specify if you're going through Samsung Financing or another type of financing (and I'm assuming UK, but also helps to point out which country). As for the final payment, if it's on a lease agreement, those are pretty standard. If it's straight up financing, chances are it would work to your advantage IF you trade in frequently.

Hiya

Yes UK
Through the Samsung Upgrade Programe that I do most years but it has changed this to have a large final payment

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's through their program, then yeah, it's meant to keep you upgrading by doing trade-ins. Less monthly payments, and since you're trading in at the end, the final cost is offset by the trade-in (but so is your discount on the new device). As phones become more expensive, these kinds of programs have to figure out ways to offset those price increases to keep themselves profitable. Otherwise you'd have to stick to straight-up financing.

jma78b

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Hiya

Yes UK
Through the Samsung Upgrade Programe that I do most years but it has changed this to have a large final payment

I'm UK too and not impressed with this large final payment. I've not gone with the upgrade this year and chose to trade in my S10 and use Klarna to pay it off in 12 months. I'm getting the S20+ in grey.