I have 2 note 10+ phones. With best buy promo I can get the S20+ for $350 and the S20 ultra for $650. I'm leaning towards the S20+ since is $300 cheaper. Then there's also the additional $200 gift certificate.

Should I just stay with the note 10+? I use the S pen occasionally, it's not a must. Besides camera differences between the note and S, is there anything else. The price tells me to do it, and we all know there will be a good trade in come the note 20. Also, is there any reason to spend $300 more for the ultra.

Ideas, suggestions.. Welcome
    02-16-2020 05:01 PM
    Me personally would keep 1 of the notes , use the other for s20 ultra if I were to get the new s series it will be the best of the best .
    Rose4uKY likes this.
    02-16-2020 05:04 PM
    Me personally would keep 1 of the notes , use the other for s20 ultra if I were to get the new s series it will be the best of the best .
    So you think there's enough extra to justify the extra $300 for the ultra.
    02-16-2020 05:06 PM
    Absolutely not , but I like a higher spec phone
    It supposed to have better 5g ,space zoom etc.
    02-16-2020 05:11 PM
    I prefer the smaller S20, but no matter what size you go for the answer is yes, there is definitely more than the camera... that 120hz display. It's easily the upgrade I'm looking forward to most. If only the phone was as gorgeous as the S10, with the same color options.
    02-16-2020 05:11 PM
    The Ultra camera may have a 108MP sensor, but does it have a lens capable of 108MP resolution? I doubt it, with such a small piece of glass. Even the + - the 12MP main camera is the same, and the sensor on the telephoto is probably higher resolution than the glass is capable of. (Try printing a picture with a lot of detail as 40"X60" and see how bad the lens is. (Just looking at the picture in the phone? You can't tell the difference between 20MP and 100MP - the phone isn't capable of displaying any better resolution than 4MP. 64MP would only be for printing huge blowups. [Even an 8k TV screen can't take advantage of a 64MP picture.])
    02-16-2020 05:23 PM
    The Ultra camera may have a 108MP sensor, but does it have a lens capable of 108MP resolution? I doubt it, with such a small piece of glass. Even the + - the 12MP main camera is the same, and the sensor on the telephoto is probably higher resolution than the glass is capable of. (Try printing a picture with a lot of detail as 40"X60" and see how bad the lens is. (Just looking at the picture in the phone? You can't tell the difference between 20MP and 100MP - the phone isn't capable of displaying any better resolution than 4MP. 64MP would only be for printing huge blowups. [Even an 8k TV screen can't take advantage of a 64MP picture.])
    I agree, I think the camera specs are Overkill as well.
    02-16-2020 05:27 PM
    Idk me personally I never owned a note before and only ever gotten the standard size Galaxy s line. This past August I decided to upgrade and try out the note 10+. Though I do love the phone and got used to the size, for me at least, the note 10+ feels a little too heavy and too wide for me, I've dropped this phone more then any other I've owned. So in my case I've decided on the s20+. Yeah it's almost the same size at the note 10+ but it's slightly narrowed and 10 grams lighter and the more rounded design makes me think that the s20+ is a better fit for me. Also I'm not much of a photo person tho I like the appeal of the 100x zoom, I definitely don't want to go with a bigger phone then the note 10+ lol. I wanted to ask what provider are you getting them from? I was gonna do Verizon but only sprint and att have the extra 150 off price Verizon and unlocked is only 50.00. I'm still on the fence if the extra 50 off the unlocked version is worth buying it from Best buy vs Samsung.
    02-16-2020 06:34 PM
    Idk me personally I never owned a note before and only ever gotten the standard size Galaxy s line. This past August I decided to upgrade and try out the note 10+. Though I do love the phone and got used to the size, for me at least, the note 10+ feels a little too heavy and too wide for me, I've dropped this phone more then any other I've owned. So in my case I've decided on the s20+. Yeah it's almost the same size at the note 10+ but it's slightly narrowed and 10 grams lighter and the more rounded design makes me think that the s20+ is a better fit for me. Also I'm not much of a photo person tho I like the appeal of the 100x zoom, I definitely don't want to go with a bigger phone then the note 10+ lol. I wanted to ask what provider are you getting them from? I was gonna do Verizon but only sprint and att have the extra 150 off price Verizon and unlocked is only 50.00. I'm still on the fence if the extra 50 off the unlocked version is worth buying it from Best buy vs Samsung.
    I'm on Verizon. I'm not sure I follow you on what you're saying about Verizon versus Sprint.
    02-16-2020 08:03 PM
    If you on AT&T, there is only $50 Best Buy saving for S10 Ultra. Be careful.
    02-16-2020 08:07 PM
    Yes, I'm hearing that what best buy is advertising for the promo might be carrier specific. This would probably make my decision easier.
    02-16-2020 08:10 PM
    If you on AT&T, there is only $50 Best Buy saving for S10 Ultra. Be careful.
    And looks like AT&T is $50 more then everybody also. Are these prices confirmed?
    02-16-2020 08:19 PM
    Well, that changes things. Best buy was displaying the higher savings for the S20+ from Sprint of $150, the rest are $50. All Carriers have $50 savings for the ultra. So, with that said, now the difference is $200 between the S20+ and the ultra. So, if I do end up doing this I will be going the ultra.
    02-16-2020 08:40 PM
    The actual sweetspot of a full size lens is small. It wont gather as much light as a full size lens but it will do a decent job. I would have preferred less megapixels in the same size sensor which do a better job of capturing light with less noise but I guess they are going for the marketing aspect or more megapixels are better.
    02-16-2020 08:55 PM
    I wouldn't settle for less than the Ultra unless you feel it's to damn big for your taste. I have a S10+ and Note 10+. Trading the S10 and keeping the Note to trade for a Note 20 or just in case there isn't a Note 20.
    02-16-2020 08:57 PM
    Well, that changes things. Best buy was displaying the higher savings for the S20+ from Sprint of $150, the rest are $50. All Carriers have $50 savings for the ultra. So, with that said, now the difference is $200 between the S20+ and the ultra. So, if I do end up doing this I will be going the ultra.
    As long as you dont mind a bigger phone and the extra cash it's the right choice. I can almost guarantee you would regret it later if you didn't go Ultra.
    trido#AC likes this.
    02-16-2020 09:06 PM
    As long as you dont mind a bigger phone and the extra cash it's the right choice. I can almost guarantee you would regret it later if you didn't go Ultra.
    Yeah, I think I will go with the ultra. I would like the 512, but I'll probably go with the 128. Wish they offered more then black in the 512.
    02-16-2020 09:09 PM
    Yeah, I think I will go with the ultra. I would like the 512, but I'll probably go with the 128. Wish they offered more then black in the 512.
    I think 128 is fine....I'm using 103 out of 256 in the Note but that's because I have large music files that I can move to SD. I wish they had made the base model 256 though. One or two people claimed the reserved 512 gray unlocked but these are not real reservations and I'm not sure gray exists in 512.
    02-16-2020 10:49 PM