45-watt Fast Charger

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Will the S20 Ultra come with a 45-watt charger in the box?

I have heard conflicting reports. Some way that the S20 Ultra will be released with a new 45-watt fast charger but others say that it will come with the "regular" 25-watt charger and the 45-watt charger will be an extra-cost aftermarket option. Which report is correct, especially if I plan to purchase directly from Samsung?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure how much faster it would be on the Ultra with a 5000mAh battery but on the Note 10+ it's not been a big advantage based on a couple of consumer reports.

I read the ultra only will come with the 45W charger but I could be wrong.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how much faster it would be on the Ultra with a 5000mAh battery but on the Note 10+ it's not been a big advantage based on a couple of consumer reports.
I agree. I wouldn't worry about which it comes with because it's unlikely you'll see any real world difference. At least not without abusing your battery by draining it low enough to make a noticeable difference in charging.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This is the wired charger right? The S10's are charging at 15w? So the S20's are capable of accepting 45w speeds?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have it for the note 10+. I've went from 6% to 52 % in 17 minutes. Once it gets to 70% it slows down the charge rate. It's nice for that quick charge.

I would suggest using your gift certificate money towards it so it's free. Not sure I would buy it unless I needed one anyway, then I might consider paying the extra for it.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have it for the note 10+. I've went from 6% to 52 % in 17 minutes. Once it gets to 70% it slows down the charge rate. It's nice for that quick charge.

I would suggest using your gift certificate money towards it so it's free. Not sure I would buy it unless I needed one anyway, then I might consider paying the extra for it.
I have a 45Watt Pixelbook charger that rapid charges my Samsung devices. Since the device controls the rate I assume its similar to the Samsung charger, though I've never tried to time it.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
All are capable of 45w charging, but only the ultra will come with it in the box.

From what I've read, all 3 will come with 25 watt charger. You have to buy the 45 watt separate, like the note 10+.

I've heard both of the above, too. Thus my question. Don't know who to believe, hoping the Ultra 20 will come with the 45-watt charger, but I guess we'll all find out in a few short weeks.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've heard both of the above, too. Thus my question. Don't know who to believe, hoping the Ultra 20 will come with the 45-watt charger, but I guess we'll all find out in a few short weeks.
All I can say for fact is the note 10+ did not come with the 45 watt charger. If I'm going to bet on this, I would say neither will the S20 ultra. Only time will tell us, lol

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
My info comes from a Samsung rep but we should know this week once pre orders go live.

klee0032

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Will the S20 Ultra come with a 45-watt charger in the box?

I have heard conflicting reports. Some way that the S20 Ultra will be released with a new 45-watt fast charger but others say that it will come with the "regular" 25-watt charger and the 45-watt charger will be an extra-cost aftermarket option. Which report is correct, especially if I plan to purchase directly from Samsung?

Here's a video I watched yesterday on the speed of charging from 0 to 100. With a 25w vs 45w not even 10 difference.

https://youtu.be/5R7xN1cYcbc

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have a 45W charger from the Note 10 preorder, honestly not much difference. Personally I wouldn't be paying for it since my charging needs are met by wireless charger and if I need to use wired charging I'm ok with 25W since that's charging plenty fast as well. I would go with the 45W as pre order gift item but paying for it separately is not worth it IMO.