Ordering From Samsung

gravy88

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone
I am looking to Pre-Order the S20 Ultra when they go live. I am thinking about ordering directly from Samsung. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with a defective phone out of the box. if so how did Samsung handle it. My concern is if there is a problem i am waiting for a replacement forever. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

jessewaldo

Feb 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone
I am looking to Pre-Order the S20 Ultra when they go live. I am thinking about ordering directly from Samsung. I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with a defective phone out of the box. if so how did Samsung handle it. My concern is if there is a problem i am waiting for a replacement forever. Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Any issues require a return. I had one and they wouldn't exchange it until after the return period was over. Then you get a replacement.

Zenonek

Feb 18, 2020
Visit site
Hello everyone

Samsung uk.
Geting phones from them for years, anything woried me about the phone, always got replacement.

Last time ordered tab s5e 4g, and returned as decided that dont need 4g, swaped for normal s5e, after 25 days tab s6 came out for preorder, also swaped.

No problems for me.. same as Amazon uk really..

S10+ swaped twice, due to color, couldnt decide..

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Yeah I was wondering if the same thing. The last two times I've bought from Best buy and was able to swap out my s10 when idr what it was but something wasn't working right fairly easy within the 14 day return period. I'm still on the fence on who to buy it from.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I use to do my pre-orders through BB and 2x they went horribly wrong. I switch to Samsung for the S9+ and the Note 10+ and I have been very satisfied :)

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
See I've ordered my last three phones from Best buy and was in and out with out a hitch, tho I've heard others having such bad horror stories. Last time around Verizon was offering an extra 150 off through Best buy for the note 10 series, this time it's only an extra 50 off, so I will probably change it up and go through Samsung this year.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy can be difficult with their way of dispersing the phones, often I've seen people wait on pre-orders at one location in town while I walked out of one without pre-ordering 10 miles away. The last time I pre-ordered I was there and they told me I had to come back, nobody was even waiting for a phone in the department but they had a system that they couldn't deviate from. A manager helped me out as I was about to head out of town for a trip to Florida and I would have had to wait 10 days to get it if they didn't help. Having Samsung deliver to my door this time to not worry about it.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy can be difficult with their way of dispersing the phones, often I've seen people wait on pre-orders at one location in town while I walked out of one without pre-ordering 10 miles away. The last time I pre-ordered I was there and they told me I had to come back, nobody was even waiting for a phone in the department but they had a system that they couldn't deviate from. A manager helped me out as I was about to head out of town for a trip to Florida and I would have had to wait 10 days to get it if they didn't help. Having Samsung deliver to my door this time to not worry about it.

I've had problems a couple times with BB and other times it went great. But waiting on m Flamingo Pink S10 plus forever and going out of town and waiting and waiting it seemed like it took forever. It was at least 3 weeks after everyone had theirs. I was so close to getting the blue or white elsewhere and I think the white was the other one hard to get than blue and black. Good Luck Everyone! I'm keeping my 10 plus for awhile.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I can't be without a phone for any extended period of time, so I'm going with Best Buy most likely. I wish Samsung had more of their own stores in the US, there's a ton of Apple Stores in my area.

BrwnSuga3

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

When the S10+ came out, I pre-ordered through BB and was having it shipped instead of pick up. The day came for me to receive my phone and I got an email saying it was back ordered. I cancelled my order and walked into my local BB and got the same phone 😒 I'd rather just deal with Samsung directly.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't be without a phone for any extended period of time, so I'm going with Best Buy most likely. I wish Samsung had more of their own stores in the US, there's a ton of Apple Stores in my area.

Why would you be without a phone for an extended period of time? They send you a phone and then you send in your trade. And if you have warranty issues doesn't Best Buy send them in as well for repairs? Samsung overnights phones I believe, at least they used to for warranty claims.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I thought you had to turn your phone in first for Samsung, if that's not the case then they're an option.

I have my warranty through my cell provider (Sprint).

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You still get the trade in credit up front though?
Yes. If you don't send your trade in, they will charge you the difference. If you finance it thru carrier, not sure how that works. Assuming your payments might be higher till the trade in gets there and they credit your account, or maybe your payments just go up.