Best Buy pre-order shipping not available

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the S20U w/ AT&T at Bestbuy.com & shipping to home was not an option, in store pickup only. Was this everyone else's case? I just hope they don't force in-store setup, because I'm not a fan of someone else fingering my phone before I do, lol. I like to sit at home and set everything up my way.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered one. I went big, ultra 512 black. I was going to go thru Samsung, went thru the whole order process, chose Verizon device payment and they kept showing a balance of $700+ and wanted a credit card. I would have provided a credit card if the balance was showing tax and the $5 overage of promo items bought.

So went to Best buy, ordered, paid the taxes like it should have been on Samsung and done. Best buy was $50 cheaper making the difference going to the 512 $150, so went that route Yes, it only allowed in store pick up for me also, imagine because of the trade in. I'm not counting on getting this in on release date, hoping in time for the promo.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I just preordered on BestBuy (well, did so st 12:50 am.) I was able to pick shipping to home and did.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I just preordered on BestBuy (well, did so st 12:50 am.) I was able to pick shipping to home and did.
Did you do a trade in. I'm ok with store pick up doing trade in, then an actual human in front of you approves or denies your trade in. You can cancel on the spot if they deny your trade in instead of being at the mercy of Samsung.

Last edited:

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Ok...I was able to go back to my account & change the purchases to ship instead. I'm not sure why it wasn't an option while I was ordering them.

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the S20U w/ AT&T at Bestbuy.com & shipping to home was not an option, in store pickup only. Was this everyone else's case? I just hope they don't force in-store setup, because I'm not a fan of someone else fingering my phone before I do, lol. I like to sit at home and set everything up my way.

The BB near where I live lets me do the unboxing, maybe just ask?

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered one. I went big, ultra 512 black. I was going to go thru Samsung, went thru the whole order process, chose Verizon device payment and they kept showing a balance of $700+ and wanted a credit card. I would have provided a credit card if the balance was showing tax and the $5 overage of promo items bought.

So went to Best buy, ordered, paid the taxes like it should have been on Samsung and done. Best buy was $50 cheaper making the difference going to the 512 $150, so went that route Yes, it only allowed in store pick up for me also, imagine because of the trade in. I'm not counting on getting this in on release date, hoping in time for the promo.

Do they have the phones in store to see yet?

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just did my pre-order for an unlocked Ultra Gray 128GB at my local best buy...

For carrier phones, they can apply trade in value on your pre-order but they can't do this for unlocked versions. I paid full price for my pre-order and they will credit back my trade in when I pick up the new phone...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. I think I'll stick with going to the store to pick it up.
You need to have patience to go thru best buy. Lately they all have been having issues. I don't know if Samsung actually ever denies the promo offers as long as you ordered during the time line set for ordering. I've never heard of anyone getting denied, maybe someone here has. I know there's always panic of not getting the phone in time for the promo

Luckymjc

Feb 12, 2020
Visit site
You need to have patience to go thru best buy. Lately they all have been having issues. I don't know if Samsung actually ever denies the promo offers as long as you ordered during the time line set for ordering. I've never heard of anyone getting denied, maybe someone here has. I know there's always panic of not getting the phone in time for the promo

I've been lucky (knock on wood) and never had an issue with my annual best buy galaxy pre-orders. It is a bummer that you have to wait until you get your new phone in hand to use the Samsung credit, but all in all.... it's been ok. I was just curious if choosing the ship to home option got it a day or so early like it does for the Samsung website pre-orders.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been lucky (knock on wood) and never had an issue with my annual best buy galaxy pre-orders. It is a bummer that you have to wait until you get your new phone in hand to use the Samsung credit, but all in all.... it's been ok. I was just curious if choosing the ship to home option got it a day or so early like it does for the Samsung website pre-orders.

This. Every year I hear horror stories from people who pre-order from Best buy, but I on the other hand have never had an issue and I have pre-ordered annually since the S6.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just went to BestBuy and they had some of the S20s out there in store to see. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger just for the fact they finally fixed the curved edges. the phone is thicker so it makes it harder to accidentally press anything from the edges. The 120hz screen is nice and smooth but nothing groundbreaking. The camera is a nice upgrade but the 100x zoom is definitely a gimmick lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
This. Every year I hear horror stories from people who pre-order from Best buy, but I on the other hand have never had an issue and I have pre-ordered annually since the S6.
Well, I'm on the best buy train this time around, so here's to hoping for easy peasy. I'm in no hurry, just don't want to lose the $200 promo is my only concern. If I get the promo irregardless, they can send the phone to me in June.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie