Best Buy Pre-Order Thread

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
At&t S20 Ultra 128 GB Cosmic Gray for me & Cosmic Black for my wife. Ordered online last night @ 12:01. And yes, a long 2 weeks, lol.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I ordered black ultra 512.

First time best buy for pre-order. Verizon didn't have a good deal for trade in and Samsung direct ordering set up wasn't working with Verizon device payment, so here I am. Best buy was $50 cheaper so the difference going to the 512 was now $150 over Samsung's pricing, so I changed to the 512.

Mod... Maybe make this a sticky. There's one started for Verizon also on here. Thanks

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Did no one actually pre-order through BB this time around except for us few?
Don't see any advantages ordering over Samsung.com especially for unlocked model and on Samsung we also get pre order goodies immediately with the phone. Top of that Rakuten 10% benefit and shipping earlier compared to best buy. Sales tax calculated on the discount amount after trade in on Samsung as opposed to full amount on best buy. I can go on

Other than local trade in which personally don't care since all previous trade in with Samsung was no issue, I see no point in ordering via best buy unless you get some benefit ordering from there.

Mikeysvt02

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was first pre-order at my best buy on Friday. Got the s20 ultra 128gb black on Verizon. Trading my s10+ for it. Can't wait. Now just to get a case. I was thinking of the Samsung black leather one with the credit we get back, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Any other opinions?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I was first pre-order at my best buy on Friday. Got the s20 ultra 128gb black on Verizon. Trading my s10+ for it. Can't wait. Now just to get a case. I was thinking of the Samsung black leather one with the credit we get back, but I'm not 100% sure yet. Any other opinions?
Keep in mind if you wait to use that credit for your case you won't have a case for your phone right away. Don't forget, the longer you wait to get a case, they start selling out. Verizon has the otterboxes and all their cases 25% off right now.

I ordered from best buy online for store pick up. I got the ultra 512. I'm expecting delays on that version. I ordered mine at 12:30 AM on preorder day, so I have that going for me. Best buy has proven in the past that they don't go in order of when ordered.

Mrsfwh3

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm questioning myself now for ordering through Sprint and getting the small s20. I feel like I should have ordered through Best Buy and got the s10plus in Aura Blue. Buyers remorse already!!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm questioning myself now for ordering through Sprint and getting the small s20. I feel like I should have ordered through Best Buy and got the s10plus in Aura Blue. Buyers remorse already!!
Well if you want the S10+ just cancel the S20 order and get the S10+. You don't even need to wait for it

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Other than local trade in which personally don't care since all previous trade in with Samsung was no issue, I see no point in ordering via best buy unless you get some benefit ordering from there.

If you are Best Buy Rewards member, this helps if you want to get Elite/Elite Plus status....

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are Best Buy Rewards member, this helps if you want to get Elite/Elite Plus status....

Yeah I’m but even that’s not enticing enough for me to buy from Best Buy ... but yes that’s a good point if you want to get to elite plus status.

Mikeysvt02

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind if you wait to use that credit for your case you won't have a case for your phone right away. Don't forget, the longer you wait to get a case, they start selling out. Verizon has the otterboxes and all their cases 25% off right now.

I ordered from best buy online for store pick up. I got the ultra 512. I'm expecting delays on that version. I ordered mine at 12:30 AM on preorder day, so I have that going for me. Best buy has proven in the past that they don't go in order of when ordered.

Yeah only thing that sucks is I have to wait to pickup the phone to use the Samsung credit as far as I know. So I need to just get a case off Amazon for the time being or just go with a uag case like I had for my s10+. I loved my UAG case so I'm tempted to just go with that again and use the credit for a new wireless charger and micro SD card or something.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah only thing that sucks is I have to wait to pickup the phone to use the Samsung credit as far as I know. So I need to just get a case off Amazon for the time being or just go with a uag case like I had for my s10+. I loved my UAG case so I'm tempted to just go with that again and use the credit for a new wireless charger and micro SD card or something.
Uag usually runs out of stock on new releases. I ordered a uag carbon monarch case

Shaunda12

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
Don't see any advantages ordering over Samsung.com especially for unlocked model and on Samsung we also get pre order goodies immediately with the phone. Top of that Rakuten 10% benefit and shipping earlier compared to best buy. Sales tax calculated on the discount amount after trade in on Samsung as opposed to full amount on best buy. I can go on

This is true. The only reason I ordered from BB is for the Aura Blue didn't like any of the other colors.