Spent some quality time at Best Buy with demo units

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So, slightly off topic. Anyone here switch from the Galaxy watch to the active 2? Thinking of upgrading, but I'm curious if it's worth it or not. I did finally get myself back to the gym so the extra fitness stuff is appealing.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So, slightly off topic. Anyone here switch from the Galaxy watch to the active 2? Thinking of upgrading, but I'm curious if it's worth it or not. I did finally get myself back to the gym so the extra fitness stuff is appealing.
I did that exact thing and I'm so glad I did. I like the bigger larger watches however the active to is like the perfect size
06425206aa81920d07d82776358679bc.jpg

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Seen the demos at my local T-Mobile store early today and they look really nice but can't justify the price of $1199 for the S20+. I held my Pixel 3axl right up to it and they are the same exact size physically. So if they ever have any promotions down the line or the price drops I can always trade my Note10+ in for it. But I'm going to wait an see what the Note 20 is going to offer.

Ninjarette

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I shouldn’t have gone to Best Buy, walked out with this

9fcf83d48cc59d76df3f24fabaa30075.jpg

I love mine. I just got it a few weeks ago. I put a screen protector on it....I don't use screen protectors on my phones, but I'm scared I may hit up against something and scratch the watch.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

I like the smaller size for wearing to the gym, but other than that they're really similar. You're not going to notice any difference in the fitness functionality between the two. The hr sensor may work a little more consistently, but GPS functionality and activity tracking has been the same experience. I still much prefer the Apple watch for fitness purposes, so I'm holding out hope that Google drops a new fitness watch this year or next.

One thing to note, scratches that used to be absorbed by the rotating bezel on the galaxy watch are now hitting the screen on the active 2. If you do pick it up, I would get a case as well.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

I have the 46mm S3 Frontier and the 44mm Active Watch 2. I prefer the larger overall size (display isn't bigger, just the case is) and design of the S3. I was looking at the Galaxy Watches, and I would've gotten one of those, but dumb Samsung didn't do the 46mm in black. LOL The rotating bezel of the S3 and Galaxy Watch is better than the touch bezel as well.

I can't say functionally what the differences between Galaxy Watch are and the Active 2 are, because the S3 Frontier is running slightly different software than the Active 2. I'm not sure which software the Galaxy Watch uses.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae