I thought I was set to upgrade ftom my S9+ to the S20+. I wanted to give a go with an unlocked phone and get freedom from Big Red. I had my special email from Samsung preorder giving me the extra credit, had opened the Rakuten 10% tab and was ready to go...or so I thought.

I chose the Galaxy+ buds and 45w wall charger as my freebies (well almost free...the charger put me over by $15). Then I looked at the total cost before taxes and just could not complete the order.

I really only was upgrading to take advantage of the trade-in on my S9+ as I know this is probably the swan song for a decent one and it just got its last update to Android10. I live in a rural area of Colorado where 5g will probably never see the light of day although it would be nice to have when I travel.

I really do not like any of the color choices for the S20+, and had hoped for a pretty pink like the Aura Pink of the Note 10. I even debated going backward and get a S10+.

Am I the only one who just can't commit?
    02-22-2020 06:42 PM
    I'm with you. I did everything you did above and could not do it either. I have a Note 9 which is totally paid off and don't want to go back to monthly payments, especially that high. I may hold out for the Note 20.
    j_hansen likes this.
    02-22-2020 06:48 PM
    Well, I did pull the trigger to trade in my S10 for a S20 but later had buyer's remorse and cancelled my order. My S10 has been working so well for the last 12 months and I don't see a real need to upgrade. I just caught up in the Samsung hype!
    02-22-2020 08:06 PM
    Well, I did pull the trigger to trade in my S10 for a S20 but later had buyer's remorse and cancelled my order. My S10 has been working so well for the last 12 months and I don't see a real need to upgrade. I just caught up in the Samsung hype!
    With my iPhone and Note I couldn’t pull the plug either and canceled my order. I can see myself waffling again and reordering but as of now I’m unwavering with my indeterminate steadfastness. Lol
    02-22-2020 08:37 PM
    That Samsung hype is just getting rolling. The next 3 weeks are the real test.

Stay strong! 😂
    02-22-2020 09:17 PM
    I thought I was set to upgrade ftom my S9+ to the S20+. I wanted to give a go with an unlocked phone and get freedom from Big Red. I had my special email from Samsung preorder giving me the extra credit, had opened the Rakuten 10% tab and was ready to go...or so I thought.

I chose the Galaxy+ buds and 45w wall charger as my freebies (well almost free...the charger put me over by $15). Then I looked at the total cost before taxes and just could not complete the order.

I really only was upgrading to take advantage of the trade-in on my S9+ as I know this is probably the swan song for a decent one and it just got its last update to Android10. I live in a rural area of Colorado where 5g will probably never see the light of day although it would be nice to have when I travel.

I really do not like any of the color choices for the S20+, and had hoped for a pretty pink like the Aura Pink of the Note 10. I even debated going backward and get a S10+.

Am I the only one who just can't commit?
    S9? Oh heck, it's time for an upgrade. You won't get anything trying to sell that phone. Trade it in and use the S20 for 3 good years. I have the Galaxy buds now. They are a game changer. Find something else beside the 45w charger, you won't need it, the 25w in the box is PLENTY fast.
    Ninjarette likes this.
    02-22-2020 09:54 PM
    Despite my reluctancy, I've pulled the trigger on the 128 ultra.
    02-23-2020 03:16 AM
    I pre-ordered the plus but cancelled it yesterday.

It is a lot of ££ and having played with the plus I was left very underwhelmed, also not a fan of how tall and narrow it feels.

I looked it alongside my OP7 Pro and honestly the OP still feels faster in use despite the older processor.
    02-23-2020 06:50 AM
    Your S9+ is a VERY nice phone, and 5G is all smoke and mirrors now. It might be an issue two years from now, but certainly not now.

I have an S10+, and wish I had stuck with my S9+. The 10+ is just at the edge of being too big. And of course, the 20 family is even bigger.

I'm waiting for Sammy to present us with a "mid range" phone based on the Qualcomm 765 chip. It won't be technically the ultimate flagship, but it'll be a superb unit nonetheless. At this point "flagship" simply means "more for the sake of more" without any meaningful improvements.
    02-23-2020 07:41 AM
    I'm not pulling the trigger on this one. I'm happy with my N10+. I'll wait for the next Note.
    02-23-2020 09:25 AM
    I'm gonna cave. I ordered my S20 case last night. After trying out the camera at Best Buy I couldn't help myself.
    02-23-2020 10:32 AM
    Every time I'm tempted I just look at the price they want for the 16gb/512gb Ultra version here and I'm immediately *cured* again, 1579 Euro is simply just to much when I know it will be 1/2 that in 6-8 months
    02-23-2020 11:57 AM