I have a Note 10(smaller one, not the plus), is it worth switching to the S20 plus?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I saw that there is a discount for preorder plus the trade-in discount, I will only pay ~400 for the s20 plus
I guess it depends on what way you mean? Camera should be better, might only be marginally though. Battery life, not sure on that one. What are you looking to gain?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure about the plus, but I believe the ultra would be a better upgrade. Camera, processor, battery size, screen refresh rate. Refresh rate might hurt battery life a little as well as screen size. It all depends on what you look for in a phone.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
It's really super subjective. I think the regular Note10 feels perfect in the hand, and the S20 Plus won't be as comfortable one-handed. I'd rather upgrade to the regular S20 than the S20 Plus if I was moving from the Note10.

If you don't care about 120hz, then I'd say there's no point really. For me, 120hz is a big deal. I'm not too bothered about 5G in 2020 and I don't care that much about the camera improvements. The S10/Note10 already had excellent cameras. But 120hz is so addictive.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Yes, it's worth it. The 20 Plus and Ultra feel great in the hand and I was wielding the Ultra one handed with ease in my local best buy. The screen real estate is breathtaking.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
As mentioned by @durandetto it depends on what you're looking for in a phone. If you want the latest and greatest, then you should see areas of improvement. If you just do the email, web browsing, Youtube and occasional games then the N10 is still capable of that. Plus you can save some money. At the end of the day, it's what you want.

Beth Hahn

Feb 28, 2018
Visit site
Me personally I've always gotten the smaller phone. This August I tried out a note 10+. Love the size but for me it was a bit too heavy and I've dropped it a lot. Since I'm trading it in temporarily went back to a smaller phone so I don't break my trade in and yeah I miss the larger screen size. For me I think a 20+ will work well as it has almost the same size screen but it's a bit thinner and like 10 grams lighter then my note 10+. So I think it'll be easier for me to use on handed. I started thinking about getting the ultra but I'm not a huge camera person, tho the camera on the ultra fascinates me lol, but if I'm already having trouble with the note I fear the ultra will be too much for me. So again I feel like the 20+ is a good medium for me.

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I have the Note 10 and ordered the smaller S20. The screen is only slightly smaller on the S20 but narrower and feels better in the hand to me compared to the Note 10. Other reasons I'm upgrading:

Better processor
More RAM
Better cameras (at least on paper, will see)
Buttons on right side on the S20( Note 10 buttons being on the left drives me nuts)
Better screen(refresh rate and resolution)
Expandable storage
Bigger battery
5G

After all the trade in and discounts, it will cost me about $300 out the door which isn't bad and I will get the $135 in Samsung credit. So seems like a lot of good upgrades for what it will cost me.

edgardcafe

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have a Note 10 (no plus,just the regular Note 10) and pre-ordered the S20 cloud blue because of the storage card, and size. I paid in total
$ 329 with taxes, also with the $100 credit I got a wireless charger and an external battery charger. I preordered on 02/21

edgardcafe

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 10 and ordered the smaller S20. The screen is only slightly smaller on the S20 but narrower and feels better in the hand to me compared to the Note 10. Other reasons I'm upgrading:

Better processor
More RAM
Better cameras (at least on paper, will see)
Buttons on right side on the S20( Note 10 buttons being on the left drives me nuts)
Better screen(refresh rate and resolution)
Expandable storage
Bigger battery
5G

After all the trade in and discounts, it will cost me about $300 out the door which isn't bad and I will get the $135 in Samsung credit. So seems like a lot of good upgrades for what it will cost me.
I did the same thing, and with the credit I got an external battery charger and a wireless charger.