03-12-2020 07:03 PM
249 1234 ...
tools
    I like this quote:

Let’s skip past all the hemming and hawing. Between its huge 6.9-inch 120Hz screen, beastly specs, 5G support, 108-MP main camera, Space Zoom lens, and 8K video capture, the Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra is an absolute powerhouse. It has practically any feature you could ever want (aside from a headphone jack), and unless you’re a stylus die-hard, the S20 Ultra makes the $1,100 Note 10+ seem like a quaint mid-range device. And if price wasn’t a factor, I’d have a hard time choosing any phone available today over the Galaxy S20 Ultra.

https://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-s...h-a-1841946457
    sergysn, Calvin 35 and TOFC like this.
    02-27-2020 02:04 PM
    Floss's review gonna be movie.
    Most likely...Dis ur boi Floss, back with another VIdeo lol. I like his cat.
    02-27-2020 02:39 PM
    Totally unexpected response. /s
    Lol exactly, every time there is one guy saying verge is Apple fanboy for giving an average review. They give and rate highly plenty of Android phones before and they have good set of people reviewing stuff especially Dieter is pretty good. Even for the S20 Ultra they did have lots of praise but also said there are some issues with camera focus etc. Seems like fair review and in line with others.
    02-27-2020 02:45 PM
    Did no one get s20 and s20+ ? What's with flood of ultra reviews?
    GrumpyMomofMacR likes this.
    02-27-2020 03:04 PM
    My isssue with the verge is if you look at most of their phone reviews, they really seem they might be looking a camera first, phone second. They're easily the hardest on cell phone cameras ever. I don't even think they really use the phone, just shoot pictures.

S20 Ultra getting a 7 is good for me as the price will drop once more people believe it's a gimmick but Samsung should be pretty pissed off.

The verge historically has always been a huge apple site, for you young guys who don't remember Josh before he left years ago and Nilay took over.
    sergysn likes this.
    02-27-2020 03:10 PM
    Good point about Floss, if you use the phone how Flossy uses his android phones the Ultra is a 10!!!

Floss is a power user though, multitasking, Instagram + youtube minimized + writing an email or answering a text...

He's a power user so he's gonna love it.

The verge aren't powered users of android phones, they're office guy (highly educated) who are out of the street all day and check their phone occasionally so yeah, they're not gonna see the Ultra the way Floss sees it.

Different strokes for different folks, power users will love the phone, casuals or business guys who occasionally glance to check on things, for the price will consider it overrated.
    02-27-2020 03:15 PM
    Because the profit margin for Samsung is probably higher on the Ultra so Samsung only sends out the Ultra to tech reviewers, and the tech reviewers want to stay in Samsung's good graces so they'll fawn over the Ultra for weeks while practically ignoring the other models. Very few of them will actually review all three variants to give viewers an idea of which model will be best for their use. It'll be 90% THE BIGGEST MOST EXPENSIVE MODEL IS THE BEST!!!! Happens every year.
    True, except the reviews for the Ultra haven't been great.
    02-27-2020 06:22 PM
    True, except the reviews for the Ultra haven't been great.
    I've seen a lot of marvelous and sparkling reviews. More sparkling then bad.
    02-27-2020 06:36 PM
    Battery sounds really promising on the Ultra
    That's what got my attention for my (perceived) specialized needs. It should be sufficient to last when I go fishing. I really just ordered a camera that makes and receives phone calls.
    02-27-2020 06:39 PM
    Floss's review gonna be movie.
    Get that popcorn ready!

This phone is a major, major, major, major, GO!!
    02-27-2020 06:44 PM
    Get that popcorn ready!

This phone is a major, major, major, major, GO!!
    Don't forget the thot juice!
    02-27-2020 06:50 PM
    I’m floored by a lot of you on here. Whatever happened to making your own opinions and seeing for yourself if it’s worth it? I mean, The fact that some of you are trying to cancel and the phone hasn’t even been in YOUR hands and it hasn’t even been released yet.

Some of these reviewers are Pro Apple people too, So take everything with a grain of salt.

I have A IPhone Pro Max and love it, Best phone i have used in awhile and the Camera’s are the best I’ve used, Even over the pixel 4 XL. I have preordered the Ultra and i will be utilizing the return policy to make my own thoughts.
    Nostromo79 likes this.
    02-27-2020 07:02 PM
    I’ll be waiting on Mkbhds review.
    02-27-2020 07:03 PM
    One of the hands-on reviews here in the Philippines says Samsung has disabled the 5G on the Ultra.

It's not a deal breaker as I ge no interest in 5G until it becomes standard.

Flossy Carter's...

It's TGH. Too God Damn High...this is a major, major, major, major go!!
    02-27-2020 07:31 PM
    I’m floored by a lot of you on here. Whatever happened to making your own opinions and seeing for yourself if it’s worth it? I mean, The fact that some of you are trying to cancel and the phone hasn’t even been in YOUR hands and it hasn’t even been released yet.

Some of these reviewers are Pro Apple people too, So take everything with a grain of salt.

I have A IPhone Pro Max and love it, Best phone i have used in awhile and the Camera’s are the best I’ve used, Even over the pixel 4 XL. I have preordered the Ultra and i will be utilizing the return policy to make my own thoughts.
    As an addict reviews are irrelevant to me.

For Entertainment purposes my top 3 is Flossy Carter, MKBHD, Mr. Tony Stark.
    02-27-2020 07:33 PM
    The Verge is apple fan boys, what can you expect from them?
    And they gave it a 7 and really gave it a decent review IMO.
    02-27-2020 08:14 PM
    I didn't watch it read all these reviews, but there's nothing in them that would cause be to bail and cancel the order. There is no such thing as a perfect phone.

By the time floss gets the real review up, I'll already have my hands on opinion and know if it's a major go for me
    02-27-2020 08:18 PM
    And they gave it a 7 and really gave it a decent review IMO.
    Price really has to factor into that. A 7 should really be a default score for any phone that's bringing 12 GB Ram, snapdragon 865, 120hz refresh, 8k video recording, quad camera with 108 mp main sensor, 5G all in one package.
    02-27-2020 08:19 PM
    Price really has to factor into that. A 7 should really be a default score for any phone that's bringing 12 GB Ram, snapdragon 865, 120hz refresh, 8k video recording, quad camera with 108 mp main sensor, 5G all in one package.
    I think they discounted to much for the camera, specially since Samsung has said they are planning a update for it. 8K recording, that's nothing for most people, there isn't much to play it on, really ahead of it's time there. Pretty much everything else they said was good if I remember right, so maybe they should savet said 8.5 or 9. It's just a number from them. I personally haven't seen a review here that suggests the ultra is a bad or mediocre phone. And the camera always gets attacked on all phones, verge even said the front camera is great.

CNET said she thinks it's big, bulky, that's personal opinion, for me it feels solid and great in the hand. I just feel reviews are subjective and I wouldn't give that 7 much weight, if he would have said 9, I would say probably overrated
    02-27-2020 08:30 PM
    Believe reviews from people you trust. Good or bad.

I will say, everyone so far has been fair. The Ultra is alot of phone, and the more there is to review, the more there will be to say both pro and con. Especially since there is no perfect phone. So what people need to decide is if the good is enough of what you're looking for with this device.

Plot twist...the best reviewed phones will be the S20/S20 plus, where the expectation isn't as sky high and those two feel more like actual upgrades to the S10.

Seems like the Ultra is a bit too much excess for some reviewers.
    02-28-2020 12:31 AM
    Believe reviews from people you trust. Good or bad.

I will say, everyone so far has been fair. The Ultra is alot of phone, and the more there is to review, the more there will be to say both pro and con. Especially since there is no perfect phone. So what people need to decide is if the good is enough of what you're looking for with this device.

Plot twist...the best reviewed phones will be the S20/S20 plus, where the expectation isn't as sky high and those two feel more like actual upgrades to the S10.

Seems like the Ultra is a bit too much excess for some reviewers.
    Daniel Bader from AC already said he is returning his Ultra unopened for the S20+. He has all three for review from Samsung Canada and likes the S20+, though he doesn't prefer bigger phones generally so not that much of surprise.
    02-28-2020 01:06 AM
    Daniel Bader from AC already said he is returning his Ultra unopened for the S20+. He has all three for review from Samsung Canada and likes the S20+, though he doesn't prefer bigger phones generally so not that much of surprise.
    I think size will alter people's view on the ultra and that will cause them to find any other reason to return it or fault it
    bhatech likes this.
    02-28-2020 04:59 AM
    Good point about Floss, if you use the phone how Flossy uses his android phones the Ultra is a 10!!!

Floss is a power user though, multitasking, Instagram + youtube minimized + writing an email or answering a text...

He's a power user so he's gonna love it.

The verge aren't powered users of android phones, they're office guy (highly educated) who are out of the street all day and check their phone occasionally so yeah, they're not gonna see the Ultra the way Floss sees it.

Different strokes for different folks, power users will love the phone, casuals or business guys who occasionally glance to check on things, for the price will consider it overrated.
    This seems like a over-generalization, we don't know how any of these reviewers use their phone. That's why you can't really know for sure until you have it in your hands. What you think deems a power user might be far from what I or another person would consider power usage.
    02-28-2020 07:15 AM
    Im noticing the reviews are all over the place. Dont know who to believe. Im waiting for flossy's review.
    Got to wait to see if its a "major go"
    02-28-2020 08:12 AM
    Got to wait to see if its a "major go"
    He think he already made that commitment in the initial review. I believe he called it 4G....a major, major, major, major Go.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-28-2020 08:58 AM
249 1234 ...