Review Thread

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Another positive review. Says he typically prefers big screens and uses a Note10+ as his daily driver, but finds the S20 to be the "perfect" size and recommends it over its siblings. Says you don't realize you miss that smaller form factor til you use it for a bit. Some camera comparisons vs. the S10 as well.

RedMage36

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EPm9UErXRo

Another positive review. Says he typically prefers big screens and uses a Note10+ as his daily driver, but finds the S20 to be the "perfect" size and recommends it over its siblings. Says you don't realize you miss that smaller form factor til you use it for a bit. Some camera comparisons vs. the S10 as well.

Could you imagine going from something as big as this to a phone that was like 5.0"? Man that would feel so weird...

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
S20 is too small (for me). Still on the fence between the Ultra and the Plus. I have a Note 9, which is 6.4 inch screen (had an S8 before this) and I could never go back to anything less then that.

Armeniandave

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
i'll just say this. having used all 3 for a bit now, i have come away with the following conclusions:
1. there is little place for the stock s20. unless you're hell bent on the small form factor, it's outclassed by the others in every way
2. the ultra is too big. i know the dimensions don't really portray it, but carry it around in your pocket and try to use it every day and you notice just how unweildy it really is. also, over time you start to notice the weight difference and it's annoyingg. finally, i'll come right out and say it...you're buying this specifically for 100x zoom capability. if you want that and can make use of it, go for it. otherwise, ppl (and reviewers) will begin to notice in due time that the s20 plus actually has the better overall camera rear system...
3. s20 plus is where all the attention should be. i understand why it's not (100x ZOOM!! WOW!!!), but it should be. perfect form factor, best screen to size ratio of any phone in history (true statement, look it up), better pixel density, better overall camera system (come back here in 30-60 days), lower price. when the dust settles over the ultra hysteria, this is the conclusion everyone will have. trust me :)

I'd very much disagree on the S20 being outclassed because it's a smaller form factor.
Many people, myself included, do not want a huge phone in our pocket and prefer a
more normal size phone. I also have the Galaxy Watch Active 2 so I use that for most
of my notifications therefore I'm not pulling my phone out every time I get a message.
In the end it comes down to what works for you and what size phone your comfortable with.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Could you imagine going from something as big as this to a phone that was like 5.0"? Man that would feel so weird...
I remember when I bought the second generation Droid...The Droid X. I was like "this is big". And it was compared most everything else with a measly 4.3 screen.

That thing as well as other androids from that timeframe was a lagfest. That's when skins were tied heavily to social apps running in the background and rooting made sense. I believe Motorola's skin was called Motoblur.Screenshot_20200228-172125_Chrome.jpeg

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
My isssue with the verge is if you look at most of their phone reviews, they really seem they might be looking a camera first, phone second. They're easily the hardest on cell phone cameras ever. I don't even think they really use the phone, just shoot pictures.

S20 Ultra getting a 7 is good for me as the price will drop once more people believe it's a gimmick but Samsung should be pretty pissed off.

The verge historically has always been a huge apple site, for you young guys who don't remember Josh before he left years ago and Nilay took over.

Samsung is literally selling the S20 Ultra for its cameras. They're really marketing those cameras really hard, and the fact that they aren't anything special says a lot.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What's so hard about understanding there are 3 different sizes for a reason. Get the size that you like, it's as simple as that. If the ultra is to big for you, or you think the camera is to much, well lucky for you Samsung made 2 smaller ones with less feature rich camera. I never do understand why some feel it's their job to convince everyone their idea of a great phone should be everyone's thoughts.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I remember when I bought the second generation Droid...The Droid X. I was like "this is big". And it was compared most everything else with a measly 4.3 screen.

That thing as well as other androids from that timeframe was a lagfest. That's when skins were tied heavily to social apps running in the background and rooting made sense. I believe Motorola's skin was called Motoblur.View attachment 317109
Man, I remember that phone, was on vacation at the black hills when it released. I got up and ordered it while on vacation. It went on back order and a lot of people didn't get it, I didn't think I was going to either, but I did. It was a crappy phone, lol.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Man, I remember that phone, was on vacation at the black hills when it released. I got up and ordered it while on vacation. It went on back order and a lot of people didn't get it, I didn't think I was going to either, but I did. It was a crappy phone, lol.
Well, for its day it wasnt too bad. It surved me well.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I couldn't imagine going smaller than a s10+. My wife has an s10e and any time she has issues and I have to use fix it for her I feel like I'm using an infants toy phone. Don't even get me started on my mother in laws iPhone 7. I couldn't imagine typing on one of those on a daily basis. I would have to switch to talk to text.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't imagine going smaller than a s10+. My wife has an s10e and any time she has issues and I have to use fix it for her I feel like I'm using an infants toy phone. Don't even get me started on my mother in laws iPhone 7. I couldn't imagine typing on one of those on a daily basis. I would have to switch to talk to text.

I go back and forth. I really wanted a smaller phone that was easy to handle for awhile.

But i miss having that larger screen and I'm ready to go back. 😂

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol