Review Thread

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I didn't watch it read all these reviews, but there's nothing in them that would cause be to bail and cancel the order. There is no such thing as a perfect phone.

By the time floss gets the real review up, I'll already have my hands on opinion and know if it's a major go for me

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Price really has to factor into that. A 7 should really be a default score for any phone that's bringing 12 GB Ram, snapdragon 865, 120hz refresh, 8k video recording, quad camera with 108 mp main sensor, 5G all in one package.
I think they discounted to much for the camera, specially since Samsung has said they are planning a update for it. 8K recording, that's nothing for most people, there isn't much to play it on, really ahead of it's time there. Pretty much everything else they said was good if I remember right, so maybe they should savet said 8.5 or 9. It's just a number from them. I personally haven't seen a review here that suggests the ultra is a bad or mediocre phone. And the camera always gets attacked on all phones, verge even said the front camera is great.

CNET said she thinks it's big, bulky, that's personal opinion, for me it feels solid and great in the hand. I just feel reviews are subjective and I wouldn't give that 7 much weight, if he would have said 9, I would say probably overrated

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Believe reviews from people you trust. Good or bad.

I will say, everyone so far has been fair. The Ultra is alot of phone, and the more there is to review, the more there will be to say both pro and con. Especially since there is no perfect phone. So what people need to decide is if the good is enough of what you're looking for with this device.

Plot twist...the best reviewed phones will be the S20/S20 plus, where the expectation isn't as sky high and those two feel more like actual upgrades to the S10.

Seems like the Ultra is a bit too much excess for some reviewers.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Believe reviews from people you trust. Good or bad.

I will say, everyone so far has been fair. The Ultra is alot of phone, and the more there is to review, the more there will be to say both pro and con. Especially since there is no perfect phone. So what people need to decide is if the good is enough of what you're looking for with this device.

Plot twist...the best reviewed phones will be the S20/S20 plus, where the expectation isn't as sky high and those two feel more like actual upgrades to the S10.

Seems like the Ultra is a bit too much excess for some reviewers.
Daniel Bader from AC already said he is returning his Ultra unopened for the S20+. He has all three for review from Samsung Canada and likes the S20+, though he doesn't prefer bigger phones generally so not that much of surprise.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Daniel Bader from AC already said he is returning his Ultra unopened for the S20+. He has all three for review from Samsung Canada and likes the S20+, though he doesn't prefer bigger phones generally so not that much of surprise.
I think size will alter people's view on the ultra and that will cause them to find any other reason to return it or fault it

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Good point about Floss, if you use the phone how Flossy uses his android phones the Ultra is a 10!!!

Floss is a power user though, multitasking, Instagram + youtube minimized + writing an email or answering a text...

He's a power user so he's gonna love it.

The verge aren't powered users of android phones, they're office guy (highly educated) who are out of the street all day and check their phone occasionally so yeah, they're not gonna see the Ultra the way Floss sees it.

Different strokes for different folks, power users will love the phone, casuals or business guys who occasionally glance to check on things, for the price will consider it overrated.

This seems like a over-generalization, we don't know how any of these reviewers use their phone. That's why you can't really know for sure until you have it in your hands. What you think deems a power user might be far from what I or another person would consider power usage.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

"It is... big. It's... imposing. It has a giant, giant camera bump. As large and heavy as any phone I've ever used. It's a monolith. It sees your puny attempts at using a phone one handed and it laughs at you."

Lol sounds about right. People talk about it only being 'a little bit' bigger than the Plus. Well of course, every size up is incremental. But it adds up to being the largest Samsung flagship ever. I'm glad they have a market for it among enthusiasts, but my goodness... a size that appeals to usability and aesthetics but that has the same specs/features (like the regular S20) has almost become a feature on its own in 2020.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
"It is... big. It's... imposing. It has a giant, giant camera bump. As large and heavy as any phone I've ever used. It's a monolith. It sees your puny attempts at using a phone one handed and it laughs at you."

Lol sounds about right. People talk about it only being 'a little bit' bigger than the Plus. Well of course, every size up is incremental. But it adds up to being the largest Samsung flagship ever. I'm glad they have a market for it among enthusiasts, but my goodness... a size that appeals to usability and aesthetics but that has the same specs/features (like the regular S20) has almost become a feature on its own in 2020.
It's not as wide as the note 10+, that right there will make it easier for one handed use. I use my phone under handed only and the wider note 10+ makes one handed harder. I went and looked at them.. It's easier to one hand use it then the note.

There's smaller versions for a reason... Get the size that fits you

Last edited:

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I got a kick out of one guy. he gave 5 reasons not to get the ultra. One of them was price and "its the latest and greatest". But yet his daily phone and favorite right now is the Galaxy Z-Flip. Pretty much the same price as the Ultra, yet a lesser phone in every aspect except for the fact in folds in half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis