Review Thread

chattoe

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Where the F are the standard s20 and s20+ reviews! It’s winding me up that no one is reviewing the other 2 models.

NOT every one wants an ultra ffs

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess the issue is when you see reviewers mention how many photos they had to take to get the ones they thought were good enough for posting in the review versus how the Pixel and other phones produce more quality photos on a more frequent basis is where the concerns come in. Great shots from any camera are hard to critique in any substantial way, they often just come down to personal preference. But if the Samsung takes 10 photos to produce one really nice photo than how many moments are missed? That's where the angst for many is coming from.

From the 1 model that has been reviewed, and how many of those have the software update sent by Samsung last week?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It's not even just that, her commentary is just weird. And why is she using the 100x zoom to look into people's apartments? Then when they look back, she's like, im uncomfortable. What a wierdo!

This comment alone has piqued my interest in whatever video you're referring to. Haha!

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Here's a camera comparison between the S20+ and the S20 Ultra.

$1400 USD to get a slightly sharper image at gimmicky zoom levels. The S20+ images looked a bit better in every other scenario, especially in video where the Ultra focus hunts a lot (though that is said to be fixed with software update).

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Here's a camera comparison between the S20+ and the S20 Ultra.

$1400 USD to get a slightly sharper image at gimmicky zoom levels. The S20+ images looked a bit better in every other scenario, especially in video where the Ultra focus hunts a lot (though that is said to be fixed with software update).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvAIB3FCOQg

Yes good video. The s20+ also had the new firmware and the ultra did not. Who knows if that makes a difference or not. S 20+ does have a sweet camera though

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site

Yikes, not the best camera review from MKBHD. Not really bothered by that myself, as I'm getting the regular S20 for the 120hz and 5G in a traditional smartphone size. 6.3" display in a device that small was once unthinkable. I want a good camera of course, but I'm fine with it if it's at least as good as the S10's. MKBHD says the 100x zoom shots are no better than cropping-in 30x zoom shots.

Glad he's at least another in a long line of consumers and reviewers that is calling Samsung out for their color options this time around.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I wish these reviewers would have waited for the software updates but I get the race to get the reviews released. Just think this phone might be getting some of the same treatment that the Pixel 4 got at launch.

For those of us who are patient enough, I think we'll be rewarded.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish these reviewers would have waited for the software updates but I get the race to get the reviews released. Just think this phone might be getting some of the same treatment that the Pixel 4 got at launch.

For those of us who are patient enough, I think we'll be rewarded.
Or may be Samsung should have waited to release the phone until they have the software ready.

Not reviewers job to wait for the "supposed software update" which may or may not fix the problem. They are reviewing what was given by Samsung and they didn't put any embargo, and they haven't released any updates to the phone they have in their hand currently. It's not like they put a review in a day. Most of the reviews have used for a week at least and Samsung clearly knew that reviews will drop based on whatever software currently is present when they handed the phone to reviewers.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think ymmv depending on the type of skin and fingerprints you have. If you have a thick skin and your fingerprint looks like deep grooves like the grand canyon then you can press light, hard, etc and I don't think you'll have an issue. From my own personal experience, my fingerprints are so thin, I have issues with super high end print readers used in government buildings.

People say they do but i watch Flossy unlock it 100% of the time no problem super fast so it's weird

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 8... always been hit or miss. I explained previous post why for me. But if my skin gets a bit dry or seasons changes, I may get a few month where it works ok but I have to re-register a few times a year. But lately Iris has been working so well for me if FPS doesn't work as I am taking it out of my pocket then I continue the movement up to my face and do Iris. I can do Iris with or without prescription glasses (rarely wear) and no issues.

How's it been for you?