Review Thread

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Depending on the reviews. Some say its horrible with 120hz on some say its still good. Guess we wont know till we have ours in hand.

Yeah that's true. Weird that it's all over the place. The PCmag review says it was about the same 12 hours SoT with 120 at full hd and 60hz at quad hd

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Depending on the reviews. Some say its horrible with 120hz on some say its still good. Guess we wont know till we have ours in hand.

Yeah that's true. Weird that it's all over the place. The PCmag review says it was about the same 12 hours SoT with 120 at full hd and 60hz at quad hd

It's all gonna depend on how they do battery testing. Video rundowns are gonna have good battery life b/c it doesn't use 120Hz refresh, but other types of testing where 120 is in use battery life would be lower. I think rundown tests in general aren't great determining battery life on high refresh rate displays.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
These reviews are giving me pause. The Ultra should be knocking people's socks off. Not getting that impression. I get that it's not a phone for everyone and maybe that's the issue.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
It's all gonna depend on how they do battery testing. Video rundowns are gonna have good battery life b/c it doesn't use 120Hz refresh, but other types of testing where 120 is in use battery life would be lower. I think rundown tests in general aren't great determining battery life on high refresh rate displays.

I agree gonna need some real world testing.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I know some of them make me wanna just cancel and pass

I'm thinking of going Plus instead of Ultra. Want the cloud blue anyway and I'll still get the snapdragon 865 with the 12GB of RAM, 120hz refresh, bigger battery and screen then my Note 9 and a smaller camera bump then the Ultra.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking of going Plus instead of Ultra. Want the cloud blue anyway and I'll still get the snapdragon 865 with the 12GB of RAM, 120hz refresh, bigger battery and screen then my Note 9 and a smaller camera bump then the Ultra.

I think the note 10 plus is better than the s20 plus so to me there is no reason to make that switch. I guess I can just return everything to samsung as my cancel button is gone and already received my watch. What a shame.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
I think the note 10 plus is better than the s20 plus so to me there is no reason to make that switch. I guess I can just return everything to samsung as my cancel button is gone and already received my watch. What a shame.

Im gonna play with it myself and make a decision. Seems like these reviews are always way off. Same thing happened when i got the pixel 2xl and 4xl . The reviews where underwhelming and then when I got the device I love them.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Im gonna play with it myself and make a decision. Seems like these reviews are always way off. Same thing happened when i got the pixel 2xl and 4xl . The reviews where underwhelming and then when I got the device I love them.

Since I can't cancel, I guess that's right. I do think the Ultra is aimed at the phone geeks like all of us here and perhaps the dings are because it's overkill for most people. That said, I'm really disappointed in the battery life issues both at 60 and even moreso at 120. The entire draw of this phone to me was the 120 and these reviews are saying its basically unusuable. Why did Samsung need to go with 120 instead of 90? Seems like a massive misfire. Surely Samsung is aware that it crushes the battery. How can a 1400 phone with a giant battery not compete with the 11 Pro Max in battery life. Seriously.

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Since I can't cancel, I guess that's right. I do think the Ultra is aimed at the phone geeks like all of us here and perhaps the dings are because it's overkill for most people. That said, I'm really disappointed in the battery life issues both at 60 and even moreso at 120. The entire draw of this phone to me was the 120 and these reviews are saying its basically unusuable. Why did Samsung need to go with 120 instead of 90? Seems like a massive misfire. Surely Samsung is aware that it crushes the battery. How can a 1400 phone with a giant battery not compete with the 11 Pro Max in battery life. Seriously.

It may not be that bad Samsung says on 10% drop and the reviews are all over. one reviewer used her phone for 3 hours with navigation in the car. right off the bat most people who are going to do that will be charging it as they go so that makes no sense right there. you got to get the phone in hand and use it how you're going to use it and then you'll know

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Why only S20 Ultra reviews?? I didnt watch/read any reviews yet. But im guessing they complaining about the price?? Its too big?? Huge camera hump??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs