120hz or 60hz for S20+ battery life?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Refresh rate is never noteceable for me on Ultra or other devices which had 120hz like iPad pro or 90hz like Pixel 4 XL. I feel no difference going between all of those and even my iPhone 11 pro max which is 60 hz.

Today I switched to high resolution instead just for the sake of it

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Refresh rate is never noteceable for me on Ultra or other devices which had 120hz like iPad pro or 90hz like Pixel 4 XL. I feel no difference going between all of those and even my iPhone 11 pro max which is 60 hz.

Today I switched to high resolution instead just for the sake of it
I've gone back and forth on display, I notice the refresh rate more. Just goes to show everyone has different things they want and notice

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
so now the debate is resolutions vs refresh rate. are there any videos on comparing the different resolutions on the S20 or is this something better seen in person with phone in hand

Just the fact that you can't watch true 4k video content. or anything high-res because you are forced to 1080p really sucks. I love watching 4k videos too much to give up the high resolution - the beautiful screen is a major reason why I love the galaxy series so much. I wish they would come out with some auto-mode, where the high resolution is automatically enabled when viewing high-res content.

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
m I the only one who is blind and can't notice any difference between 120 hz and 60 hz?

All it really does is smooth out the scrolling, and if you are a mobile gamer - its a much better experience. As far as fast response, and transition between apps and screens - you can just reduce animations in advanced features, and also enable developer mode to beef up all transition speeds. Makes one UI lightning fast.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
All it really does is smooth out the scrolling, and if you are a mobile gamer - its a much better experience. As far as fast response, and transition between apps and screens - you can just reduce animations in advanced features, and also enable developer mode to beef up all transition speeds. Makes one UI lightning fast.
That's what it's supposed to do, I thought anyway

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll take faster refresh over resolution for faster response. I hope they eventually allow high refresh on the higher resolution. I don't care about battery life if that's the issue.

Beachboy63

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
Nope. I cannot discern a difference either. Have a Pixel 4XL at 90 Hertz in addition to my Note 10+ at 60hz. Had an S20 plus at 120hz for 2 weeks before I returned it. All great phones with nice screens but I could not tell any difference, despite my attempts. Old eyes perhaps. Good news is I can turn it off and get a touch better battery life without feeling like I'm missing anything.
m I the only one who is blind and can't notice any difference between 120 hz and 60 hz?

Ambreen Mustafa

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Nope. I cannot discern a difference either. Have a Pixel 4XL at 90 Hertz in addition to my Note 10+ at 60hz. Had an S20 plus at 120hz for 2 weeks before I returned it. All great phones with nice screens but I could not tell any difference, despite my attempts. Old eyes perhaps. Good news is I can turn it off and get a touch better battery life without feeling like I'm missing anything.

I think the 240 hz touch response is more apparent than the 120 hz screen.. that makes the response alot faster.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Personally not worth setting to 90hz with some hidden setting for saving 6% of battery. Anyway battery life was not a problem on 120 hz for me. Granted I could not make that much difference in experience between all that refresh rates and could just drop back to 60Hz

https://youtu.be/1hhKPoHd9vs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1