Why im returning my Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus!

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately guys im returning my S20 Plus and here is why= For one i really hate how the volume keys are on the right side i just cant stand it im so use to them being on the left like my s10 plus it just feels better to me. That is my biggest complaint about the phone. The flashlight at level 5 is not as bright as my S10 plus at level 5 and i use the flashlight a lot on my phone. The Samsung keyboard does not show the emojis at the bottom left like it does on my S10 plus and that is a bummer for me instead its at the top of the keys which i find inconvenient and yes i tried everything possible to get the emojis to show up at the bottom left corner of the keyboard. Im gonna see how the Note 20 looks like i hope they dont put the volume keys on the right side again i mean did they really think everyone was just gonna be fine with the keys on the right when all the previous Samsung phones were on the left?!?!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
You will get used to where the buttons are. On the note 10 they put all the buttons on the left side of the phone. I don't know why they keep changing it, maybe they are testing the market. Your reasons are a little weak to me for returning the phone, but to each their own.

Last edited:

jimjonesG7

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Am sorry but your biggest gripe after less than a weeks use is the volume keys? Life is a continuous learning process and I've learnt a lot of people cant be adaptable and handle change... The fact that you have to make a thread to say your retuning your phone based on volume keys, flash light and emoji says a lot....or maybe trolling?

Not everyone should be preordering phones, some people should wait and go to the shop and try it out before they buy.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I’ve got to say these reasons probably could be resolved after using it a few days, they are pretty small in the scope of things. Gboard would resolve the issues with emoji and honestly they have changed the buttons around before so not a huge thing. After a few days you wouldn’t even notice.

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
This made me chuckle. I really thought this was going to be about some serious issues to make someone want to send it back in such a short period of time. Made me think the phone was absolutely horrible for a second.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea this is why you shouldn't impulse buy. Checking the phone out in store the OP would've known all these "deal breakers" about the phone.
You will get used to where the buttons are. On the note 10 they put all the buttons on the left side of the phone. I don't know why they keep changing it, maybe they are testing the market. Your reasons are a little weak to me for returning the phone, but to each their own.

nitro2k1

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
I upgraded to the Note 10 and found the keys being on the left side to be irritating. Wasn't a deal breaker and adjusted to them pretty quickly. Not much of a concern to me now, though I am looking forward to having the buttons on the right side when I get the S20.

I don't feel like the S20 has that many improvements from the S10, so that may be why these minor issues are enough to make you want to return it. But they do seem like small issues that can easily be adapted to over time.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I know how you feel. I had a 2016 Hyundai Sonata I traded in for the new redesigned 2020 Sonata. I returned the 2020 version after 1 day because it just wasn't the same as the 2016. Everything was just too different.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
How often are you using your volume buttons?? lol
If I do need to adjust my volume. I just press it once and then use the slider to adjust it.

anon(40376)

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Hard to criticize someone if they don't like something about the phone, heck I might not like it either when received. As for heading to a store to fondle and play with it that is not always a possibility for many people. For me, the closest store that "might" have one on display is over 50 miles away and to drive that far just to play with a phone for a few minutes is not in the cards.

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
Hard to criticize someone if they don't like something about the phone, heck I might not like it either when received. As for heading to a store to fondle and play with it that is not always a possibility for many people. For me, the closest store that "might" have one on display is over 50 miles away and to drive that far just to play with a phone for a few minutes is not in the cards.

All the stores have them on the security puck/bracket as well.

Chitown28

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I might go with the note 10 plus 5g instead and im sorry guys but that's just how i feel i know it's not major reasons but after all its my money.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
All the stores have them on the security puck/bracket as well.

Seriously, how do they expect us to get a feel for the phone when it's bolted down to the display and you can't even lift it up on a tether or something? Can't test the camera, can't test the flashlight, etc. I get they worry about theft, but this is ridiculous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome