Force software update?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I have not received the software update yet. When I check it says up to date. Running an unlocked version on ATT sim. Is there any way to force the update?

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the unlocked ultra with a ATT sim and it's telling me that no update is available. When you guys say March update do you mean where it says security patch level in my screenshot?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200304-231601_Software update.jpg
    Screenshot_20200304-231601_Software update.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 12

airkorea08

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If I read the article correctly for now that March security patch was only pushed out by TMobile and VZW here in the states

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Mine says February 1st and there was no update when I powered up. Edit - I was most interested in the camera update.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of updates, why is it that they will only download over wifi and not your data? My home internet is slow as molasses 5Mbit DSL where as I get up to 60Mbit over my data and I'm unlimited. So annoying.

Now what's the deal with getting updates on a unlocked phone using AT&T? Do the updates come from Samsung or AT&T? And is there a way to force the update over your mobile data? Downloads take forever on my landline.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Mine says February 1st and there was no update when I powered up. Edit - I was most interested in the camera update.

Yea same here. Video filming is real bad on my phone. I want to at least try a update before I decide to send it back.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No one in the U.S has recieved the camera update. Don't worry once it's out someone will make a thread and you'll know it's out lol...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No one in the U.S has recieved the camera update. Don't worry once it's out someone will make a thread and you'll know it's out lol...
Don't know about the camera update but a bunch of us received day 1 security update which includes March security update. US unlocked model here.

But most likely not the camera update otherwise Samsung would have made a big deal about it by telling to all bloggers

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So how do you differentiate security updates from general software feature updates?
You can't unless Samsung tells what all included in the updates. Mostly every month they push security updates and along with it some bug fixes or improvements. If there is something worth mentioning they will in the update. Like for example if there is a big camera update they will most likely mention it in the update log.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21