Food setting?

DanielLoreti

Sep 20, 2018
Visit site
I have scene optimizer on and it already recognizes food pics so what is the food setting for in the more tab in the camera?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I have scene optimizer on and it already recognizes food pics so what is the food setting for in the more tab in the camera?

I don't really like the food setting. It seems to frame photos weird. Almost adds a vignette type look. If I take pics of food I take 2 pics. One with scene optimizer on, and one with it off. Then I just pick the photo I prefer and delete the other.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't really like the food setting. It seems to frame photos weird. Almost adds a vignette type look. If I take pics of food I take 2 pics. One with scene optimizer on, and one with it off. Then I just pick the photo I prefer and delete the other.

I agree with you. That's the same thing I do for food photos.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I tried it out. Seems like food mode blurs the background while scene optimizer doesn't?

The few times I used it, it blurs the outer edges like a vignette. Depending on what you're photographing it'll blur parts of the food you want in focus as well. If I make a large dish or try to photograph an entire cake for example it doesn't keep focus on the entire thing. It might work ok for a plate of food, but I rarely photograph a serving. It's usually an entire finished dish that I've cooked myself. I feel like it also does too much software enhancing as well. Scene optimizer enhances food photos, but doesn't do as much as the actual food setting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca