Galaxy buds + not enough bass

mzazthang

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
HELP! My new S20+ and these new buds I am not digging at all! It is way to much treble no matter what settings I use, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
HELP! My new S20+ and these new buds I am not digging at all! It is way to much treble no matter what settings I use, does anyone have any suggestions for me?
Did you try with the various tips that come with it? The smaller tips don't provide a good seal and they sound more tinnier. But they are comfortable to wear because of the smaller tips. When I change them to the middle or big tips it seems to sound much better and richer. Just my observation from the previous and the current Buds+.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
In ear monitors are extremely dependent an getting a good ear canal seal. Without that you will completely lose the bass response. If you're not familiar with using buds I suggest you Google how to fit them to your ears and find a YouTube demo or illustrated instructions.

Most buds, including these, come with multiple sizes for you to find the ones that best for your ears.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Your expectations might be a little high for a set of buds in this price range. I've watched a few reviews and while they all say great things about them they do mention the lack of great sound. I don't think you'll get great bass unless you drop over $200 on a pair.

Like the others have said though, a proper seal will definitely improve the sound quality.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Thing I have found with the Buds+ is that even the largest tips they come with doesn't give me the the best seal and the tips I have that do unfortunately make the Buds+ not fit properly in the case for charging.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Did you make sure Dolby Atmos was enabled. I found mine was not by default. Turned it on while using the Buds+ and made a night and day difference.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Go to Dolby Atmos settings in quick pull down panel and adjust to music see if that helps , usually on auto

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
For anyone who has the Buds+ do you think they're a good set?

I have Echo Buds from Amazon. Honestly, they're pretty decent. They don't blow me away or anything. Since I will be getting the $200 credit, I was considering getting a pair.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site

I have Echo Buds from Amazon. Honestly, they're pretty decent. They don't blow me away or anything. Since I will be getting the $200 credit, I was considering getting a pair.

Not really. The Sony WF1000s are stellar and they are discounted on Amazon. A steal for $198.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

They are fine if you are getting it as part of pre order credit. Paying $150 plus tax is little steep, I would say look for sale on local marketplace to snag one cheaper since lots of them will be on sale market because people trying to sell the pre order gifts.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Not really. The Sony WF1000s are stellar and they are discounted on Amazon. A steal for $198.

There's different versions of the WF-1000X, if not the brand new ones, stay away they're crap too. One side would always cut out, the battery life was short, and sound quality sucked. I haven't tried the newest ones but what can you expect from electronics so tiny trying to reproduce hi fidelity audio over a compressed signal that makes it sound like a 128kbps mp3 before it even gets to the buds? Really the only solution I've experienced so far is the LDAC codec. If they're not using LDAC then the signal is getting bastardized before the drivers in the buds/headphones has a chance to reproduce the sound.

The only acceptable sound I've heard over bluetooth is the Sony WH-1000XM3 using the LDAC codec. I even like them better than my wired Beyerdynamic DT770 Pros running on a dedicated DAC and one of the most well regarded headphone AMPs, the JDS Atom. If you're about sound quality, I would stay away from all wireless buds at this point and wait a few generations for better codecs and tech - it's really just not there yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781