Hi, I just got my S20+ today off Amazon and I'm coming from an almost-5yo Nexus 6P. I'm just not impressed at all with the camera, and I don't know if there's a way to fix it. The colors seem off, the detail on faces is not very sharp, and the pictures just don't look great in general. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it feels like my wife's Pixel 2 takes better pictures. Is there anything I can do, or should I consider returning it?
    03-08-2020 10:15 PM
    Return it. The only good thing about the S20s cameras is the outdoor zoom lens of the ultra. My S10 has more accurate colors and even the 108mp lens isn't really giving me any more detail plus the focus sucks bigtime.
    03-08-2020 11:19 PM
    Hi, I just got my S20+ today off Amazon and I'm coming from an almost-5yo Nexus 6P. I'm just not impressed at all with the camera, and I don't know if there's a way to fix it. The colors seem off, the detail on faces is not very sharp, and the pictures just don't look great in general. Maybe my expectations were too high, but it feels like my wife's Pixel 2 takes better pictures. Is there anything I can do, or should I consider returning it?
    Did you watch any reviews on the S20 before purchase? Samsung is known for softening faces, especially with the front facing camera. Also the screen is AMOLED maybe even Super AMOLED which naturally displays colors more vibrantly... So not really as true as other displays. Not sure if they are also captured this way, you would have to view them or print them to know for sure. The truth in color is one thing that Apple users tout about with their iPhones. You can play with the settings in the camera, as there are a ton of them, but in the reviews I watched most of the settings are only good until you close the camera, then everything returns to some default state.

I like this reviewer and he admits that most of this review is about the camera since that is about the most (only) upgraded thing with this device...
    03-09-2020 01:30 AM