In the past under developer options there was something called inactive apps and I used to set all apps that I don't need constantly to Inactive which improved battery life drastically.

Now on my S20+ under developer options that option is called Standby Apps. Do you think that does the same thing? The reason I ask ie because it is no longer an active or inactive switch, there are 4 settings to choose from: Active, Working Set, Frequent, and Inactive
    03-09-2020 05:15 AM
    Standby apps is a new power-saving tool and it automatically categorizes the apps under the given criteria "Active, Working Set, Frequent, and Inactive"

• Active - shows the apps you are currently using and no restrictions or limitation from the system
    • Working Set - Shows apps that you use every day But not currently active. The system applies mild restrictions on apps under working set
    • Frequent - Shows apps that are regular but not used every day. The system applies stronger restrictions on frequent than working set
    • Inactive - these apps are rarely used and the system applies higher restrictions on performance

You can manually assign apps under each criterion and get more battery life. However, criteria can be different manufacturers to manufacturers. The intention of this new power tool is to save power. But, I'm not sure about this as criteria are decided by the manufacturer. Because whatever happened, bloatware are still there. So, removing bloatware after having root access is an ideal option in my point of view. I hope this answer will help you
    Super Spartan likes this.
    03-11-2020 12:17 AM
    Standby apps is a new power-saving tool and it automatically categorizes the apps under the given criteria "Active, Working Set, Frequent, and Inactive"

• Active - shows the apps you are currently using and no restrictions or limitation from the system
    • Working Set - Shows apps that you use every day But not currently active. The system applies mild restrictions on apps under working set
    • Frequent - Shows apps that are regular but not used every day. The system applies stronger restrictions on frequent than working set
    • Inactive - these apps are rarely used and the system applies higher restrictions on performance

You can manually assign apps under each criterion and get more battery life. However, criteria can be different manufacturers to manufacturers. The intention of this new power tool is to save power. But, I'm not sure about this as criteria are decided by the manufacturer. Because whatever happened, bloatware are still there. So, removing bloatware after having root access is an ideal option in my point of view. I hope this answer will help you

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer!
    03-11-2020 06:56 AM