I just ordered the S20 Ultra 512gb on Verizon. I am looking to start a thread for previous long term iPhone users. I really want to give this Samsung a real shot and not quit in 3 days or less. Apple ecosystem folks what do you think?
    VW Maverick and Morty2264 like this.
    03-12-2020 03:32 PM
    I have the Note 10+, not one of the 20's. I love it though. I started with iOS in 2008, and bought every flagship from the 3G to the XS Max(which I still have also). I started buying Android phones about 6 years ago littered in with the iPhones, but the Note is the first I've used for as long as I have and not put my sim back in my iPhone.
    03-12-2020 04:26 PM
    Thanks for the insight
    03-12-2020 05:10 PM
    I am looking to do the same.
    Harold2011 likes this.
    03-12-2020 05:52 PM
    If you use Google services (Contacts, Photos, Maps, etc.), switching from iPhone to Android (and back) is a breeze. The only thing you need to remind yourself is to turn iMessage off on the iPhone before switching.
    03-12-2020 06:45 PM
    I use the iPhone 11 pro Max for my business line. Note 10 plus for personal line, traded that in for the ultra. To me the biggest hurdle is the apple Eco system. iMessage is huge but more than that if you have a Mac computer and iPad. Airdrop works perfectly and is fast. Samsung and windows have an alternative but it's a little slower for me and not as fluid. The ultra is on par build quality. The apps are not as good on Android. If you've been a long time apple user it will be an adjustment but it can be done.
    adegbenroagoro likes this.
    03-12-2020 10:11 PM
    If you use Google services (Contacts, Photos, Maps, etc.), switching from iPhone to Android (and back) is a breeze. The only thing you need to remind yourself is to turn iMessage off on the iPhone before switching.
    Not only iMessage, but also FaceTime.
    cwbcpa, jdfry15 and Ry like this.
    03-13-2020 08:45 AM
    I've been a long time user of both iPhone and android. But I always seem to come back to android. Just too many things add up that I don't like on iPhone. The biggest being YOU CANT HAVE SEPARATE #%@*ING VOLUMES FOR ALARM AND RINGTONE. And that you don't have control of the icon placement. But the volume thing. I just can't get past it and it just INFURIATES me every time I get pulled back to iPhone.

If they fix that, give me usb-c, let me have some home screen widgets and let me change icon placement, I would be back to stay. Not sure those things will ever happen.
    Harold2011 likes this.
    03-13-2020 09:12 AM
    While I have used both iOS and Android for years, my family is finally making the move to Android. My youngest (12), chose the S10e after using a Moto G6 for little while. My wife wanted to give it a try after a number of frustrations with iOS and call quality. I let her try my Note 10 Plus and she won't give it back now. lol. She has been on it for two weeks now and told me to sell her iPhone. Now my by teenager wants to make the move. This one shocked me since I thought all teenagers used iPhones. Turns out a lot of them are switching to Samsung. Shows what I know. She wants a smaller phone like her brother so I will probably pick up a S10e for her as well and make sure she will stick with it.

Sorry that was long, but I figured I would share. If my wife can make the switch, anyone can. I never thought I would see the day. Now my daughter too??? Crazy.

Good luck with your switch. There are some really helpful people around here so it was a good idea to start a thread.
    03-14-2020 12:16 PM
    Not only iMessage, but also FaceTime.
    oh yeah. That too. Most of my friends and family use other services (like Duo, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, etc) for video chats so I sometimes forget about FaceTime.
    03-14-2020 12:53 PM
    Welcome to the world of Android and to the land of Android Central! We're happy you're here!

You'll find a lot of previous iPhone users around here using various Android devices. And, you'll find users of both iPhones and Android phones here.

My husband was a longtime iPhone user and is now hooked on Android; and my brother used Android for years and has now switched over to Apple for good. I guess what I'm trying to say is, you'll find all types of phone users here!
    03-14-2020 01:42 PM
    Thank you for your response!! I am still waiting on the device. How is it going for your wife and daughter? Been a couple of days since I responded . Thanks again.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-17-2020 09:19 PM
    Thank you for your response!! I am still waiting on the device. How is it going for your wife and daughter? Been a couple of days since I responded . Thanks again.
    That's so exciting! Let us know when your Ultra arrived and how you are feeling about it!
    03-18-2020 10:50 AM
    Duo is just as good. My entire family has iphones and my kids have Duo on their iphones so they can video call with me. One of my daughters said that she prefers Duo and she loves her iPhone.
    Ry and nuangel2 like this.
    03-18-2020 07:31 PM
    How are you still liking the Ultra?
    03-24-2020 09:02 PM
    I used Mac and iPhone for years and then last year work put me on Windows 10 which I love. So I bought a new Dell Latitude for the house and bought myself a Surface Pro 7. That started the ball rolling cause Windows to iOS integration isn't that great and I was reading that Windows to Android has a lot of options. Then I saw the Galaxy Ultra rumblings and was impressed, so here I am.

Only gripe is I bought from Verizon and was under the impression that the Ultra came with the OTG adapter, it did not. I did use Smart Switch but that didn't bring over my text messages or phone call log which sucks but not the end of the world. Besides Verizon knows I was upgrading from an Apple to an Android so they should have given the option to get one.

I did have a Motorola Droid X before the iPhone 4 came to Verizon back in the day and loved it. But Android now is way different and better. Just figuring out how I want everything set up, downloading my apps and trying to remember all my passwords. My wife doesn't like that I'm off iMessage, she likes the 3 dot bubble. I could care less really about knowing if someone is responding to me.

Plus I connected my phone to my Surface and can send and received text without pulling my phone out. That's great for me when I am working and just respond mid stream.
    03-24-2020 09:18 PM
    I have both (Pro max and S20+ not ultra), other than the usual iOS vs Android pros and Cons the biggest thing that jumps out is the 120hz screen and higher touch response. The iPhone actually feels a little sluggish in comparison and is something I am trying to unsee but cannot!
    03-25-2020 09:14 AM
    I used Mac and iPhone for years and then last year work put me on Windows 10 which I love. So I bought a new Dell Latitude for the house and bought myself a Surface Pro 7. That started the ball rolling cause Windows to iOS integration isn't that great and I was reading that Windows to Android has a lot of options. Then I saw the Galaxy Ultra rumblings and was impressed, so here I am.

Only gripe is I bought from Verizon and was under the impression that the Ultra came with the OTG adapter, it did not. I did use Smart Switch but that didn't bring over my text messages or phone call log which sucks but not the end of the world. Besides Verizon knows I was upgrading from an Apple to an Android so they should have given the option to get one.

I did have a Motorola Droid X before the iPhone 4 came to Verizon back in the day and loved it. But Android now is way different and better. Just figuring out how I want everything set up, downloading my apps and trying to remember all my passwords. My wife doesn't like that I'm off iMessage, she likes the 3 dot bubble. I could care less really about knowing if someone is responding to me.

Plus I connected my phone to my Surface and can send and received text without pulling my phone out. That's great for me when I am working and just respond mid stream.
    Install Verizon Messages + and it has a feature where you can restore 90 days of calls and message history. You can delete the app after. It might even be preinstalled.
    03-25-2020 09:19 AM