Didn't think I'd say this, I came from the S10 and I like the size, but because the S20 is slightly narrower, it seems too small? I went with the smallest because of price and because I don't want a huge phone anyway. Ultra is out if the question.

Also I'm in the upgrade program. I had a 9 that I bought outright before joining for the 10 (got a great credit for the exchange), now exchanging for 20. I got the same $600 "credit" for my regular 10 as someone who paid more for the s10+. Part of my reasoning for being in the upgrade is to have a new phone every year, and I know I can't sell my used device for the amount I'm getting as the credit.

But anyway, I'm going to find a store to hold the + and may change my mind and go with the plus. I may lose some value in the trade in and in future trade it's but I think this narrower form factor could work for me one side up.
    03-13-2020 02:24 AM
    Didn't think I'd say this, I came from the S10 and I like the size, but because the S20 is slightly narrower, it seems too small? I went with the smallest because of price and because I don't want a huge phone anyway. Ultra is out if the question.

Also I'm in the upgrade program. I had a 9 that I bought outright before joining for the 10 (got a great credit for the exchange), now exchanging for 20. I got the same $600 "credit" for my regular 10 as someone who paid more for the s10+. Part of my reasoning for being in the upgrade is to have a new phone every year, and I know I can't sell my used device for the amount I'm getting as the credit.

But anyway, I'm going to find a store to hold the + and may change my mind and go with the plus. I may lose some value in the trade in and in future trade it's but I think this narrower form factor could work for me one side up.
    I came from the S9 and I find the size perfect for me. Balances the larger screen and one-hand ability for me.
    03-13-2020 05:12 AM

I went from S10 to S20+ and was really skeptical as I have always had the regular size S7, S8, S9, S10...but I wanted the mmwave 5g and the larger battery...i think this will be a 2 year device since the prices are getting a little crazy...love the size of the S20+ !!! It is really just a little wider but more narrow so the increase size still works!!!
    With 600 trade in and 185 in free accessories...it was a sweet deal..just have to get rid of all my cases for the S10 and S9
    03-13-2020 06:30 AM
    I went from S10 to S20+ and was really skeptical as I have always had the regular size S7, S8, S9, S10...but I wanted the mmwave 5g and the larger battery...i think this will be a 2 year device since the prices are getting a little crazy...love the size of the S20+ !!! It is really just a little wider but more narrow so the increase size still works!!!
    With 600 trade in and 185 in free accessories...it was a sweet deal..just have to get rid of all my cases for the S10 and S9
    I was dumb and missed the accessories by a day cause I got busy at work and was still debating model.

Also. The FPS on this is SO MUCH BETTER than on my s10. For that alone its worth the upgrade. And I love the smoothness of the 120 hz.
    03-13-2020 07:37 AM
    I was dumb and missed the accessories by a day cause I got busy at work and was still debating model. 🙄

Also. The FPS on this is SO MUCH BETTER than on my s10. For that alone its worth the upgrade. And I love the smoothness of the 120 hz.
    03-13-2020 07:37 AM
    I stopped at Best Buy. I normally always get larger phones (currently on Pixel 3 xl and had Note 10+ before) but I really liked the S20. I think I might try a smaller profile phone for a change.
    03-13-2020 08:09 AM
    In my opinion it's better to skip a year, keep your old phone for a backup, and pay about the same over the years as trading in ever year and losing your previous devices. I normally keep my most recent device as a backup then give my second most recent device to someone in need. But without the trade in deal there's no way I would of jumped on the S20 bandwagon. I might of paid $1400 outright for a flagship and kept my S10 two to three years down the line but definitely not one year to the next. I haven't went from one year model to the next since the S2 to S3. If it wasn't for the nicer zooming on the S20 ultras camera, I definitely would of skipped this year because otherwise it's just a slightly more polished S10.

5G isn't needed for me since I can stream 4k on 4G not to mention I ran into 5G the other day and the speed test was only 10Mbps down where I've gotten 100Mbps down at home over 4G so 5G is definitely a unneeded gimmick that isn't even working on par with 4G in my area. I don't care to use 120Hz so that's not even a upgrade reason for me. Larger battery? This Ultra seems to drain as fast as my S10, nothing special there. Really it's just a slightly polished S10.
    03-13-2020 09:54 AM
    I came from a heavy *** 1+7 Pro and went back down to the S20. Its just easier to use one handed. Easier to put in my car mount. Easier to put in my pocket.
    03-13-2020 10:42 AM
    I went to best buy and compared the s20 models. I'll be sticking with the smallest. While the plus wasn't obnoxious, I realized the difference didn't feel worth it to me, though I could feel the reach for icons on the top of the screen more.

Plus I got a case for my 20 and now its doesn't feel as small/slippery.
    03-14-2020 01:20 AM
    Yup s20 here. Love the size. The 20 plus is bigger then last years s10plus which was already pushing it.
    GrumpyMomofMacR likes this.
    03-14-2020 12:03 PM
    Hi thanks for that input, how was using the keypad on this S20 ?
    03-19-2020 09:04 AM
    Hi thanks for that input, how was using the keypad on this S20 ?
    Not to bad. Obviously its smaller then my s10 plus which is expected. Not as comfortable but still very usable
    03-20-2020 04:14 AM
    Always bought the larger devices and walked in the Samsung store ready to buy the Ultra. The moment I held the S20, I knew that this was the perfect fit for me. I enjoy larger phones generally, but this size is growing on me now. Nothing beats going to the actual physical store and trying the models for size and preference.
    03-21-2020 03:09 AM