S20 too small?

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Didn't think I'd say this, I came from the S10 and I like the size, but because the S20 is slightly narrower, it seems too small? I went with the smallest because of price and because I don't want a huge phone anyway. Ultra is out if the question.

Also I'm in the upgrade program. I had a 9 that I bought outright before joining for the 10 (got a great credit for the exchange), now exchanging for 20. I got the same $600 "credit" for my regular 10 as someone who paid more for the s10+. Part of my reasoning for being in the upgrade is to have a new phone every year, and I know I can't sell my used device for the amount I'm getting as the credit.

But anyway, I'm going to find a store to hold the + and may change my mind and go with the plus. I may lose some value in the trade in and in future trade it's but I think this narrower form factor could work for me one side up.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Didn't think I'd say this, I came from the S10 and I like the size, but because the S20 is slightly narrower, it seems too small? I went with the smallest because of price and because I don't want a huge phone anyway. Ultra is out if the question.

Also I'm in the upgrade program. I had a 9 that I bought outright before joining for the 10 (got a great credit for the exchange), now exchanging for 20. I got the same $600 "credit" for my regular 10 as someone who paid more for the s10+. Part of my reasoning for being in the upgrade is to have a new phone every year, and I know I can't sell my used device for the amount I'm getting as the credit.

But anyway, I'm going to find a store to hold the + and may change my mind and go with the plus. I may lose some value in the trade in and in future trade it's but I think this narrower form factor could work for me one side up.
I came from the S9 and I find the size perfect for me. Balances the larger screen and one-hand ability for me.

daswooski

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I went from S10 to S20+ and was really skeptical as I have always had the regular size S7, S8, S9, S10...but I wanted the mmwave 5g and the larger battery...i think this will be a 2 year device since the prices are getting a little crazy...love the size of the S20+ !!! It is really just a little wider but more narrow so the increase size still works!!!
With 600 trade in and 185 in free accessories...it was a sweet deal..just have to get rid of all my cases for the S10 and S9

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I went from S10 to S20+ and was really skeptical as I have always had the regular size S7, S8, S9, S10...but I wanted the mmwave 5g and the larger battery...i think this will be a 2 year device since the prices are getting a little crazy...love the size of the S20+ !!! It is really just a little wider but more narrow so the increase size still works!!!
With 600 trade in and 185 in free accessories...it was a sweet deal..just have to get rid of all my cases for the S10 and S9

I was dumb and missed the accessories by a day cause I got busy at work and was still debating model. ??????

Also. The FPS on this is SO MUCH BETTER than on my s10. For that alone its worth the upgrade. And I love the smoothness of the 120 hz.

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

I was dumb and missed the accessories by a day cause I got busy at work and was still debating model. 🙄

Also. The FPS on this is SO MUCH BETTER than on my s10. For that alone its worth the upgrade. And I love the smoothness of the 120 hz.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I stopped at Best Buy. I normally always get larger phones (currently on Pixel 3 xl and had Note 10+ before) but I really liked the S20. I think I might try a smaller profile phone for a change.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion it's better to skip a year, keep your old phone for a backup, and pay about the same over the years as trading in ever year and losing your previous devices. I normally keep my most recent device as a backup then give my second most recent device to someone in need. But without the trade in deal there's no way I would of jumped on the S20 bandwagon. I might of paid $1400 outright for a flagship and kept my S10 two to three years down the line but definitely not one year to the next. I haven't went from one year model to the next since the S2 to S3. If it wasn't for the nicer zooming on the S20 ultras camera, I definitely would of skipped this year because otherwise it's just a slightly more polished S10.

5G isn't needed for me since I can stream 4k on 4G not to mention I ran into 5G the other day and the speed test was only 10Mbps down where I've gotten 100Mbps down at home over 4G so 5G is definitely a unneeded gimmick that isn't even working on par with 4G in my area. I don't care to use 120Hz so that's not even a upgrade reason for me. Larger battery? This Ultra seems to drain as fast as my S10, nothing special there. Really it's just a slightly polished S10.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I came from a heavy *** 1+7 Pro and went back down to the S20. Its just easier to use one handed. Easier to put in my car mount. Easier to put in my pocket.

jettrue

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I went to best buy and compared the s20 models. I'll be sticking with the smallest. While the plus wasn't obnoxious, I realized the difference didn't feel worth it to me, though I could feel the reach for icons on the top of the screen more.

Plus I got a case for my 20 and now its doesn't feel as small/slippery.

Maseroche

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Always bought the larger devices and walked in the Samsung store ready to buy the Ultra. The moment I held the S20, I knew that this was the perfect fit for me. I enjoy larger phones generally, but this size is growing on me now. Nothing beats going to the actual physical store and trying the models for size and preference.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch