Do you keep the factory screen protector on?

MichaelDiggs

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
I've always noticed Samsung puts a thin plastic screen protector on the front. Not that one that pulls off easily, but one that is installed fairly good and can barely see if it is there or not. I normally do not keep anything on the screen since I like to use the screen without anything on it. I mean you are paying for this expensive Gorilla Glass, so may as well take advantage of it.
Do you keep this factory screen protector on?

Some people remove it, thinking it is supposed to be removed.

Borgie

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes, for awhile anyway until it gets too scratched up. They aren't the most durable in the world, but I like the feel of them over some others.

MichaelDiggs

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
No I like the screen without any screen protector, it's just a preference thing.

That's the whole reason why they use Gorilla Glass right? I do have a bad habit. I sometimes carry my keys and my phone in the same pocket. I wonder if that factory installed plastic is really helping out or not....since I also too would like to use my phone without the case.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's the whole reason why they use Gorilla Glass right? I do have a bad habit. I sometimes carry my keys and my phone in the same pocket. I wonder if that factory installed plastic is really helping out or not....since I also too would like to use my phone without the case.
I mean there will be scratches or micro scratches eventually but that doesn't bother me. Also, I don't keep my phones long enough and if you are trading the phone scratches aren't an issue even if it happens. I tend to keep my phone separately from keys and wallets but honestly I don't think too much about it. Just enjoy the phone.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

My right front pocket is a phone only pocket. Has been since the late 90's when I started carrying phones.

Factory installed protector can only help in that situation of carrying your keys in the same pocket as your phone. If anything rubs against it, it'll at least protect from any kind of scratches.

MichaelDiggs

Jan 11, 2019
Visit site
I mean there will be scratches or micro scratches eventually but that doesn't bother me. Also, I don't keep my phones long enough and if you are trading the phone scratches aren't an issue even if it happens. I tend to keep my phone separately from keys and wallets but honestly I don't think too much about it. Just enjoy the phone.

I would be carefree but I always would like to use the tradeback feature Samsung has on buying back old phones. Or not even a phone that's a year old.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I would be carefree but I always would like to use the tradeback feature Samsung has on buying back old phones. Or not even a phone that's a year old.
For the trade back they only care about if the screen is cracked or not. They don't care about scratches, that's part of normal use.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on keeping it on, that was until I dropped it and the screen protector got a gouge in it and I couldn't stand looking at it, lol. Luckily the screen was untouched.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I normally can't stand screen protectors and never put them on my phones but this one on the Ultra looks and feels good. I know it'll be coming off sooner or later but I'll be keeping mine on until it looks bad or starts peeling

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I took mine off. This time it did last longer than usual on my phone, I usually remove it right after unboxing but this time didn't until about 5 days later

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I never use a screen protector but was going to leave this one on because it felt pretty good...took it off after a few days hoping the fps would work better for me, got a slight improvement, and the screen does feel better to me

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Took mine off during setup. It seemed to make the FPS all fussy when I was creating fingerprints for security.

Over the years, I've developed enough good habits that I never use screen protectors. Once I put a small scratch on my Samsung Instinct (you guys remember that one??) It left a big enough impression for me to be more careful. That phone also had a plastic screen with resistive display. Crazy how advanced Samsung has become when comparing their old phones.

John Sims

Mar 16, 2020
Visit site
I only keep it on till my glass screen protector comes. I much prefer the glass on glass approach. And I still prefer to log into my phone!

rdrive41071

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
My right front pocket is a phone only pocket. Has been since the late 90's when I started carrying phones.

Factory installed protector can only help in that situation of carrying your keys in the same pocket as your phone. If anything rubs against it, it'll at least protect from any kind of scratches.

Same - right front pocket is the home for all my phones - and nothing else in the pocket. I haven't taken off the pre-installed screen protector yet - which is surprising because I never have used a screen protector. It will come off soon though. It's not bothering me or anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX