Do you keep the factory screen protector on?

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Same - right front pocket is the home for all my phones - and nothing else in the pocket. I haven't taken off the pre-installed screen protector yet - which is surprising because I never have used a screen protector. It will come off soon though. It's not bothering me or anything.

I don't mind screen protectors as long as I can't feel them. Not necessarily the lack of slip a plastic one has, but more the edges of them. That's why I con't care for glass ones that much. They always create a step between either the frame and actual screen or between the actual screen and protector. I always remove glass ones for that reason.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I tried to see how long I can go before I get annoyed with it on and it's coming off tonight. Feeling the edge of the screen protector is getting annoying and it doesn't feel as smooth and nice as the actual screen. I bought a whitedome to give that a try but not sure if I even want to now.

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah.. I'm struggling now. I know it's there and I'm having the overwhelming urge to pull it off. It's still in great condition with only one light scratch so that's one less possible scratch to the screen but I know it's coming off soon now then I'll regret doing so 😂

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
3 weeks in my factory installed screen protector has a few very minor hair line scratches. Nothing noticeable while screen is on.

customshopkv1

Feb 26, 2020
Visit site
Mine is still on. Doesn’t seem to affect the finger scanner. It works 99% of the time.
Same, I've never used a screen protect, NEVER!! Decided to leave this one on just to try it, it hasn't been an issue or bothered me so it stays. We'll see how long it last and then I'll decide whether I get a new one or not.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Same, I've never used a screen protect, NEVER!! Decided to leave this one on just to try it, it hasn't been an issue or bothered me so it stays. We'll see how long it last and then I'll decide whether I get a new one or not.

I left it on all year last year on my s10. Granted I only used it for 6-7 months but it got fairly scratched up. But again not noticeable when screen was lit. I never used a screen protector on s8 or s9 as they didn’t come installed and I would get a lot of very minor hairline scratches on my screen. That would tick me off. But it was hard to find a screen protector that would work on curved screens.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Took mine off the Note 10 Plus only to regret it. None of the replacement felt as good to the touch in my experience.

I feel yeah :( Spot on.
Mine took a 3ft fall and face planted on a upside down diamond plate aluminum lid of a tool box cover the second day I had it.
Marred the screen protector but no damage at all except my nerves.
Since I'm on my 4th protector and it's chewed up.
Nothing is as good as the factory one. Samsung should offer replacements and installation for these curved screen demons. Between finding a case that protects the s pen and then the screen it's a time/money consuming pain.

As I found out the factory protector feels good and offers more protection than one would imagine.
I don't want sand scratches on my black cars and especially something I'm looking at for hours at a time.

Last edited:

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Full disclosure...I just realized my screen protector is still on today. It's so barely noticeable. But before my phone arrived, I ordered a tempered glass screen protector to protect the investment. Still waiting on it to arrive

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Keep one on to protect my screen. Definitely helped tonight as it hit stuck in my recliner. Took a lot of work to get it out and was sure it was cracked, but it only damaged the screen protector and case which are the easiest things to replace.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Full disclosure...I just realized my screen protector is still on today. It's so barely noticeable. But before my phone arrived, I ordered a tempered glass screen protector to protect the investment. Still waiting on it to arrive

Full disclosure, I put a screen protector on, took it off (because it didn't stay put due to the case), THEN realized there was a factory screen protector already on the phone. I should be kicked off the forum for my stupidity!

The factory protector does feel pretty decent.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a Whitestone Dome in the box but will use the factory one until it's too scratched up like others said. Gorilla glass or not, if I know there are scratches on the screen itself, it'll ruin my life.